Quantcast

Command Set for remote? New NeoTV Prime user. Need that info.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by fuzzyreets, Jan 17, 2013.

1. fuzzyreets

fuzzyreets New Member

Hi folks. I just bought the NeoTV Prime which runs Google TV. It is asking me for a command set for my cable box so the remote can send IR commands via the blaster to my cable box. Does anyone know how to find out the correct command set? I have a Motorola RNG150N cable box which is the same as the DCX3200 I believe. These are from comcast but neither they nor Netgear will help me with this. Anyone know how I can figure this out? Thanks.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I am just using first generation boxes but that information should be provided by the box during set up. If it isn't and Netgear can't provide it, I am afraid nobody here can either. The same code used for the Vizio Co-Star or Hisense Pulse is something to try but I can't imagine it will work.

3. Fluthy

Fluthy New Member

I thought the NeoTV Prime didn't come out until the end of February? Where did you get one?

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

5. wstewart

wstewart New Member

Hi fuzzyreets,

It might be because that is a Cisco box, not a Motorola box. If it asks for the brand of box try Cisco.

6. Jmprnbr1

Jmprnbr1 New Member

Does anyone know if the Neo TV prime can turn the TV on and off and if so how. Got my box last week and can't figure that out, I put my TV model in and it controls volume. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

7. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

Don't worry about the command set, it will find it for you. Just put in the maker, Motorola not Cisco, Cisco does not make any cable boxes, they just put their name on them, and when you do, don't type the name, type mot then select it from the drop down. Then do the same for the model, don't type it, select it from the drop down and you can then hit next.

8. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

It will if you have the correct codes. When you select your TV it may have more than one set of commands. You will see command set 1/1 or 1/3, meaning there is only 1 set or there is 3 sets.

9. Jmprnbr1

Jmprnbr1 New Member

so my question is when I have the right code in, there is only one power button on the remote and it turns the Neo off. How do I turn the TV off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

10. bruzr

bruzr New Member

Just purchased the Netgear NeoTV Prime GTV100-NAS100 at Frys, but hold your horses, it is not going too well. This is my experience. For the most part, it is not allowing setup of my Verizon FIOS DVR Set-top Box, nor does it allow my Sony TV function through the Netgear NeoTV bluetooth remote provided. Although the initial setup allowed only a sporadic and jumpy Sony (older buy by no means ancient KDL-XBR4) TV Vol +/- function, the Verizon DVR set-top box is not allowed function through the remote, this due to a nasty and botched up setup procedure, which has an issue during setup. Upon choosing Cable, Blu-Ray, or DVR, etc. choice, DVR choice has not any choices, at least for VERIZON/MOTOROLA, checked both instances, within its database for this particular Verizon QIP-7232 DVR based setup. And although I found my Verizon/Motorola DVR QIP-7232-2 in the choices for Cable Box Setup, in which it is not, it is a DVR. It will not allow functionality of my particular Verizon DVR, as it will not accept model number, it defaults to a default (T0000) Command Code upon finalization. To to add to matters, upon the Auto-Update of the NeoTV firmware to Version 3.2, it rendered the TV function through remote useless as well now, this after the NEW firmware as well. This is disappointing so say the least.

As being an earlier adopter of the Logitech Revue which functioned out of the box perfectly, after a few years it developed a reboot scenario I will not get into. One would expect something, what 3 years beyond Logitech's Google TV adventure, with a whole new arena of chipsets out there, one would like support this technology, and get GOOGLE TV Moving here, but this kind of stuff sets if back to its humble beginnings. But this hurts and is beyond forgiveable, well in my instance, and Netgear, how pathetic. Even there SUPPORT Website is not functioning...go figure. For the most part, NETGEAR should be making an effort on allowing customers access to all firmware. This in reverting at least BACK TO ORIGINAL FIRMWARE, before this are any other options added to modify existing, that would be prevent product failure like this, and to get this product a defulat produt functioning. This being the case in this instance, it is the BLUETOOTH REMOTE which is the main issue, it seems. If this product was due to come out mid February, I found it strange that it was for sale at Fry's Electronics, or other online retailers, and though maybe that it was a pre-release and lacking in some form somehow.

Whatever the case I would like to NOT HAVE TO RETURN THIS PRODUCT, but it seems not to be ready for Public Use at this time. Please advise anybody with any other further experience. Would love to get our pariah of a blessed Google TV going, but obviously it is only getting theirs in baby steps....burp..!! Who knows why Google hasn't thrown any of it's millions into a bit of R&D or just something??? that could get this show on the road, which could potentially could do that thing, that could take over online media streaming...oh yah, that's because everything Google does is half-baked (Nexus 4, 7, 10 with nothing to charge it or accessorize it with?) and half-assed, Android Jelly Bean...????? As usual Letting someone else do all the work.....Sad!!

Thank You. Applaud Applaud....
    :confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  11. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

First off, i should say i had a neotv and returned it almost immediately. worse gtv made yet due to netgear crippling its abilities.
    ok, now, your dvr IS a cable box. you should look for it under cable box. the dvr section was mainly introduced for boxes like tivo which arent from a cable provider. yes, you may still find it under dvr but if your box is provided by a cable co its a cable box. then, you need to find the real manufacturer of your box. verizon doesnt make them, they just put their name on it. next thing is the "search" part of the setup is very lacking. try different formats. ie, for my receiver, it a vsx-01txh. when i put in vsx it showed vsx100 as the first listed. tried vsx-, no different. then i tried vsx0 and mine was the first listed.
    hope this helps.

12. bruzr

bruzr New Member

Thanks for your input. Yes I understand the Verizon/Motorola Set top box issue. It was just that Verizon was listed with only some odd Model Nos. then Motorola with some others, some more specific, both lacking, but bottom line, nothing wants to work. And yes I agree, this Netgear attempt at GTV is pitiful. I do hate these blogs when those whiners and their 3 page run-ons with people writing three paragraphs, and alas, it was me this time. Obviously my own over caffeinated ranting, pouring my guts out does not help. It is just exasperation with the waste of so much potential (Google TV) and nobody taking on the proper advantage of it vast potential. But I suppose copyright licensing, royalties, and lack of content and such, and seemingly only modest media being "On Board" is a major obstacle. Very sad indded.. :mad::mad::mad: