Quantcast

Coming soon to a TV near you

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by ericd, Apr 18, 2014.

1. ericd

ericd Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
  2. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

All new applications that work naively on GTV devices are welcome additions. I look forward to this.

• Like Like x 4
  3. ericd

ericd Active Member

I had a chance to check out the app on my XB 360.
    Pros...The UI looks really nice
    shows load up quickly
    nice HD picture

Cons... Commercials, and a lot of them (3 at the start of each show, with a lot of repeated adds)
    Content is sorely lacking. Although some of the shows and movies look interesting, I've only heard of a couple of them

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

It has to come with commercials of course, that is the only way to pay for the programming so I understand that. I will give it a chance once it is available for Google TV and see what I think. The brief promo makes me think I will like it.

5. bobz

bobz Member

Anxiously waiting.....lets see.

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if they will make the app available for all GTV devices - or just GTV devices on the Jellybean update.

In fact I'm skeptical that there will be an app for GTV at all until I see it. The platform is pretty much dead right now - and I've seen several promised GTV apps that turned into vaporware - such as the Sirius XM app, OnLive and a few others. Failed promises seem to be the norm for GTV......

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

catfish,that tubi tv sounds good..though Vanguard Cinema makes me wonder..it seems like Indy movies from around the world.
    I like Vanguard,because unlike Crackle,it does not break away into commercial and show you 1 hour of commercials and 30 minutes of movie.

I'm hopeful for change and a new future for google tv,I asked vizio they seemed to think 4.2.2 shouldnt be far off..he said they have to do all the cell phones and everything else..then we get it. not superstitious but here's to knocking on wood lol

8. ericd

ericd Active Member

Took a while but the app is finally on Roku, still no word on Android or GTV support. Looks like there's a little bit more content added since the app debuted on the 360 (still no where near the pre-release hype though)

Video loads quickly, really nice picture and the ability to rent shows add-free

9. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I hadn't checked Roku for new channels in quite a while. It is another one of the AdRise developed channels for Roku, it is a welcome addition but nothing I saw at first glance makes me believe I will use it much.

10. ericd

ericd Active Member

I agree, there's a few doc's that I might check out and a few of the shows appear interesting but I don't think this app's going to replace Netflix or Crackle as one of my go to apps

11. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member