Quantcast

Co-Star won't load after reboot following black screen, then must be factory reset

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by rock99rock, May 21, 2013.

1. rock99rock

rock99rock New Member

Since not having a problem after receiving from launch, the firmware update I received in March causes applications to crash randomly (while not even in use), and every few weeks the device will crash/blackscreen/prevent video pass through. When it crashes, I have to reboot it about 5 times (power removal) before being prompted to perform a factory reset. Has anyone else had this issue? Suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Phillykef

Phillykef New Member

Yes, I've had similar issues. The next time it happens, before you try multiple factor resets, go to Vizio's support site and choose the chat option. Let the representative know what's been happening and how often it happens. They will probably send you a replacement free of charge. My first replacement (a refurbished model) worked perfectly for about 3 months and then it died, so they just sent me a brand new unit. We'll see how long this one lasts.

3. rock99rock

rock99rock New Member

Thank you for the reply, Philly. I called Vizio and opened a case with them, can't troubleshoot now as I'm not in front of the device. Their support was great, will be giving them a call this evening to try and troubleshoot and give them the serial number.