Quantcast

Co-star won't get 5.6.0 update

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by stargoogly, Feb 11, 2014.

1. stargoogly

stargoogly New Member

Hello,

My Co-star currently has 5.3.0 version and won't update to 5.6.0. The system update says it's upto date.

Any idea?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Yes, updates are rolled out over a several week period. I just got the update to u5.6.0 a few days ago while others got it a few weeks ago. You and others will get it within the next couple of weeks. Google TV updates have always been this way, rolled out at what appears to me to be a random order taking a number of weeks. There are those that claim there are methods to force update before your date but that has never worked for me and I consider it an urban legend.

3. stargoogly

stargoogly New Member

Ah it sounds familiar. Apparently they do the same thing with TVs. I don't understand why Vizio provides updates in a bizarre way.

4. ChrisG8

I am not sure but I suspect it is rolled out over a several week period rather than immediately to manage server load, as far as when each device gets it, I believe that is random.

5. csrini1

csrini1 Member

Mine updating currently...

6. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

After waiting almost 2 weeks for a replacement from Vizio..I got 5.6 update with the new costar..gotta love the warranty with them plus 4 years from square trade :)
    I have not really noticed anything new with the 5.6,if you get it and find changes let me know

7. ChrisG8

For many of us Vudu works after update and after reporting ESN number to Vudu support.

8. stargoogly

stargoogly New Member

I got the update yesterday. Not sure if I've to report the ESN to Vudu but then then I don't know if it is needed or not. I'm not Vudu subscriber and HD video trailer looked good to me.

9. ChrisG8

I think opening a Vudu account will get you a couple of free movies if you don't already have an account and you can test if it works. The trailers have always played for me but until the fix, the movies and TV shows wouldn't play. Vudu offers the best streaming quality I have seen, video and audio.

10. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

Call Vizio and tell them,you could be in the loop for the update near the end..

11. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

I think I'll stick with EpixHD,at first free movies sites like Crackle started out okay,but turned into a commercial ever ten seconds.
    As for Vudu,Netflix and others? I've yet to try them.I know they're a integral part of the Vizio remote..they remind you to use them,
    but I haven't yet :)

12. ChrisG8

I used the EpixHD trial, for long term use it required a cable subscription with the Epix channel. Netflix is a really good service and a great value, same with Amazon Prime Instant Video in my opinion. I rent a few movies a month from Vudu which has the best video quality of any streaming service I have seen.