Quantcast

Co-Star with Slingloaded Dish Network ViP922 DVR

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by khornet, Nov 13, 2012.

1. khornet

khornet New Member

Has anyone gotten a Slingloaded Dish Network ViP922 DVR to connect to the Co-Star successfully?

The built in control codes packaged with the Co-Star don't seem to work, Dish Network Tech Support provides no assistance, Vizio second tier support had no additional info. I'm at a dead end.

Any and all help/suggestions greatly appreciated!

2. LeadingMan

LeadingMan New Member

I have DISH VIP722, here is what I was told:

The satellite box has different channels and might not be set to remote control address 1. Press the System Info button on the box or using the remote, display the system info screen from the menu. Both the primary and secondary remote address must be 1 to complete the set up. If not, check the user guide for the dish network model and follow the instructions.

• Like Like x 2
  3. khornet

khornet New Member

Unless I'm not looking in the right place, this receiver doesn't have that menu option. There's a Solo/Duo mode but that doesn't seem to help. Dish told me to turn on the IR feature for the remote, but again, didn't help.

4. mdenard

mdenard New Member

I have a VIP 722 also. I am not sure exactly what you are asking? Do you want the Co-star remote to control the Dish box or is it that the co-star will not pair with the Dish box. If it is the second case then have Dish tech enable record plus feature under tv enhancement menu. It cost $4.00 a month extra. Once this is done the box will generate a pairing code that you will enter into the co-star. Things should work from there. It took me three tries with Dish tech support before I got a tech who knew how to get my sat box connected to my co-star.

• Like Like x 2
  5. khornet

khornet New Member

In my perfect world, I'd like both but I'd settle for just pairing with the Co-Star.
    UGH, I've talked with Dish tech's a few times, I suppose I can try again. They are about useless.
    "tv enhancement menu"??? Is this supposed to be somewhere on my Dish receiver?
    Not sure that "record plus" feature is shared with the 922 though.

6. gphunk

gphunk New Member

I am struggling with this also and I too have talked with 4+ Dish Tech reps and 2 Vizio reps. They have added "record plus" (aka DVR integration) to my account yet I have not received a pairing code. Did this pop up on your screen after they added it or did a tech tell it to you? I have had them delete/add it three times now with no luck. Does the receiver need to be in a specific mode? (Single mode vs Dual Mode?) to receive the code? Any specifics in your successful setup would be MOST appreciated!!! Thank you!

7. peyotesmoothie

peyotesmoothie New Member

i had the hardest time getting my 722k to work with the co-star. i logged into my dish website and added the $4 dvr integration thing, and the code took a minute and popped up on the screen. you may have to go onto your dish box and reenable pairing service....

menu-system setup-installation-broadband setup-my paired devices-settings..... once you re-enable you should get a message with a code.... The dish people are lost when it comes to this.

hope this helps!

8. khornet

khornet New Member

Thanks but none of those menu options exist on the 922. If anyone knows where else they might be buried please share, but I'm not finding them or anything that references "paired devices".

9. peyotesmoothie

peyotesmoothie New Member

do you have the installation option under system setup? can you go to there and then TV Enhancements and enable??

10. khornet

khornet New Member

No System Setup menu option, No Installation menu option. There's a Dish Setup Screen, another for Record+, and one for Broadband setup but no option anywhere for TV Enhancements or anything I can discern that would provide or display a pairing code. I'm guessing the built in Slingbox makes this receiver an entirely different beast from the other receivers.