Quantcast

Co-Star With Cable

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by gte619n, Nov 19, 2012.

1. gte619n

gte619n New Member

Hey guys!

I've seen a ton of reviews about how the Google TV stuff works with the online content, but I haven't seen a lot of information about how it works with my cable box. Are there any videos or such demonstrating how that works?

Mainly, I'm wondering how switching channels works, if it has nice performance. Does it still use my cable box's guide or does the GTV replace that with it's own guide? Can it show my own downloaded content in line with the cable shows?

Thanks!

E

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Your cable TV is integrated into the Vizio Co-Star, that's one of the main reasons I purchased my Co-Stars, sweet .... The Co-Star has a special button on the remote for the cable TV guide, but that's getting ready to change to something better very soon a update will be coming ... See the Co-Star video here http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...io-co-star-reviews-your-hands-experience.html .... This video will give more insight on the new coming guide The live hangout video is here GTVsource.com » Watch the Google TV Hangout now: Primetime, Voice Search and YouTube update details ....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  3. gte619n

gte619n New Member

Hello,!

thanks for the response. I had seen that video and was unclear as to when and if that was coming to the co-start. Could you comment on how the functionality is as currently implemented? Thanks!

E

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Part of it is on the Co-star now, the other part should be coming within days, it almost the same as the old version, except you can now get listings for Netflix, YouTube and new movies ...ect ....

5. googlethis

googlethis New Member

You could get listings for Netflix before with the old app just fyi.

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Thank you for the info and update ...!(lol)

7. gte619n

gte619n New Member

Hey guys,

I appreciate the news about the update, but could you guys comment on how it works with the cable box, specifically?

thanks,

E

8. reading

reading New Member

unless I am doing something wrong it is either you use the apps mentioned above to find things to watch, or you dont have to. I basically use my cable box exactly as I did before I hooked up the co-star. The only thing I use mine for is for Plex, I dont use any of the cable tv watching apps, I still use the default cable box guide, menu etc. channel changing still works as it did before. I use a harmony remote for everything, but my cable box remotes work just as they did before. If I use the co-star remote I believe unless you use the co-star specific buttons it will operate your cable box on its on assuming you set it up in the co-star.