Quantcast

Co-star update notification window popped up, went to update and get Error msg

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by TrentVicious, Mar 1, 2013.

1. TrentVicious

TrentVicious New Member

Hello...I'd appreciate any help or guidance as to what I should do next. Vizio customer service has been no help whatsoever. I'm grateful to have found this site.
    A couple of weeks ago, I turned on my TV and a notification window popped up saying that an update was now available and to go to system settings to update.
    I went to system settings, clicked on update and all that happens on my screen is that it says "sub-system has not been initialized. Do you want to try again?" and when I click on yes, nothing happens. The only way out of that screen is to click no and then I'm returned to system settings menu again. Vizio support says that the notification window I'm saying I saw isn't possible. I know what I saw and a friend was here with me who saw it at the same time but nonetheless, Vizio support says I didn't get a notification window. Another issue is that I can't access Google Play Store anymore. I get an error message saying I need to update my system. Vizio support wouldn't answer me as to why that is happening. I've done a couple of factory resets, nothing changes. I've read on here how to force an update and I've tried that, and nothing happens. The one Vizio support tech who was somewhat friendly and helpful, says that I should send my co-star back and get a new one that already has the latest update installed. When I relayed that to the last Vizio support tech, they weren't too supportive of the idea of sending it back for a new one. They tried to make it difficult but I have everything they've requested. Should I try sending it back? I almost want a refund but I really like this device. Has anyone else had this issue and might know how I can fix it without sending the unit back? I'm not trusting Co-star support people too much right now.
    Thanks in advance for any help you may have for me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yes, please send that unit back fast as you can, don't even get mad, they are going to sent you a new unit anyway ..

• Like Like x 2
  3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Good advice. This sounds like a corrupt firmware issue. There is no fix other than to exchange it for another unit.