Quantcast

Co star remote still going in to sleep mode, even after changing settings

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by scan, Dec 8, 2012.

1. scan

scan New Member

trying to use this Able remote, changed the setting to keep the ir blaster on, after a few minutes, i chech the remote under devices, instead of saying paired it says sleep mode, tried all the tips to reset the remote, any help would be appreciated,

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Have you followed these instructions?

"Vizio Co-Star:

The Vizio Co-Star Google TV device does not have a built-in IR blaster. This means that apps like Able Remote cannot control devices attached to your Google TV device unless you follow these instructions:

1. Disable power save mode on your Google TV for your physical remote (Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth -> Vizio XRA700 Remote -> Remote power save -> Off)

2. Place the physical remote so that it is pointing at the devices you want to control. Your physical remote will act as a IR blaster for controlling all the devices connected to your Google TV."

3. ahaynes42

ahaynes42 New Member

I have followed all of these instructions, yet my remote keeps going into sleep mode constantly and none of the commands work at all. I end up having to unplug the device, put the remote into IR mode, unpair and repair bluetooth. I have to do this about once every 2 days. It pretty much makes the device useless. I've had so much trouble with device that I wanted to return it, but I bought directly from Vizio and they charge a $10 restocking fee and $10 shipping. Not even worth it. I'm back to using my old WDTV live plus, works way better than this device ever did, and it has Hulu Plus! If my remote worked correctly, this device would be decent.

4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Why not see if they are willing to change out the remote.

5. scan

scan New Member

I dont really know what happened to mine but it started working now, don't know if it was the update or what. using my old Samsung as the remote now.

6. ahaynes42

ahaynes42 New Member

Well, this is weird, but I've turned the remote power saving function ON, and it's been working since. Also, just got the update, and it's been working fine since that too.