Quantcast

Co-Star Remote questions

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by uscpsycho, Jul 7, 2013.

1. uscpsycho

uscpsycho New Member

Asked these questions in another thread but I think they got lost.

Is using CEC the only way to get the costar remote to power on/off my DVR and AV receiver?

If I have my costar remote paired with bluetooth, can I still control the costar with IR commands from my Harmony remote? Or am I forced to use either IR or BT but not both?

Is there anything on my AV receiver the Costar remote can do other than adjust volume? If I add my BRD player or other device, how do I get the remote to control that device? I don't see any way to tell the remote to change devices.

Thanks.

2. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

I do not have a specific answer for you but the Co-Star remote absolutely uises IR and BT at the same time. This is proven by the fact that it has to use IR for volume and channel changes but uses BT for things like opening apps.

3. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

If I add my Vizio sound bar how will I tell the remote that I want to control the volume there instead of the TV. Or is it only one or the other and you have to decide.

4. uscpsycho

uscpsycho New Member

I know the remote can simultaneously TRANSMIT BT to the costar and IR to the receiver. That isn't my question.

My question is if I pair the Vizio remote to the costar using BT, will the costar unit still RECEIVE IR commands from my Harmony remote? In other words, will the unit receive BT and IR at the same time or will it only accept one at a time?

5. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Yes. The use of one doesn't cancel the other out.

• Like Like x 2