Quantcast

Co-Star Remote, IR after BT pairing?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by gkamieneski, Feb 25, 2013.

1. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

I posted this in another thread but I think I need a larger audience.

Does anyone know if the Co-Star unit is still operating in IR mode after you have paired the Co-Star remote as a bluetooth device? If it is does it make sense that I be able to program the Aux button on my xfinity remote to turn the Co-Star on and off, and therefore the all on / off button on the xfinity remote would turn TV, cable STB and Co-Star on / off?

If this is possible it will keep the rest of my household who is uninterested in the Co-Star's offerings happy as they would not have to use the Co-Star BT remote to just watch xfinitiy TV.

2. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

The co-star will respond to IR codes once a remote is paired, however the problem you might run into is finding the proper codeset for your Xfinity remote, if it has "learning" capabilities then no problems, you would have to remove the pairing of the remote from the co-star and place the remote into IR mode by pressing q + space + =, then teach the xfinity remote the "power toggle". The other option would be find a cheap harmony remote and program it.

3. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

I am reluctant to unpair the Co-Star remote in order for the xfinity remote to learn the IR codes. If my goal is to have the Co-Star box handling both BT and IR at the same time, it wouldn't make sense to have to turn off the BT pairing. Make sense?

All I can do with the xfinity remote is to put it into setup mode for the aux key and after hitting the power button, progress the Channel+ key until it theoretically turns off the Co-Star.

4. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

We are on the same page, I guess I did neglect to mention "re-pairing" after teaching the remote the IR codes, of course that is only necessary if you need to use the co-star remote to teach another remote the IR codes. Make sense? At any case Good luck!