Quantcast

Co-Star Problem

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by irbpdb, Oct 10, 2012.

1. irbpdb

irbpdb New Member

I was one of the first to receive the Co-Star and, while I'm okay working around software and computers, I'm far from a real techie - so bear with me. My problem with the device is with the Google Chrome navigation.
    1. I unpaired the thing (because of the bluetooth) and then repaired it -with instructions from this site. I cannot abide the touchpad on the remote and prefer to use a wireless keyboard/mouse combination (this is true for all my devices). My keyboard/mouse combo is a Logitech K360 and navigation is extremely glitchy. Letters don't type in - or slowly - and the mouse is impossible, moving all around the screen, or disappearing entirely. Fresh batteries didn't help at all.
    2. I contacted Vizio email help and his advice was to look for a new keyboard, recommending one that is android-approved. I also read (again on this forum, under Co-Star tips) about unifying software that might help. It did not. Although I downloaded the Mac OS version, my keyboard will not lind up. BTW, my desktop is a Mac Mini 2010 version that I really like.
    3. Is there anything I can do to rectify this problem. It's big, annoying, and I really don't want to go out and
    spend $80.00 to $100.00 to get a new keyboard for something that I won't be using every day. Also, most of the keyboards I see for this don't have mouse connections on them - and then I'm back to the same touchpad problem.

Thanks for any help/advice.