Quantcast

Co-Star PrimeTime Guide HBOgo, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, Show Listings

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

The NEW UPDATED PrimeTime Quick Guide is now available with added features giving you show listings for HBOgo, Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Instant Video .....

What's New

What's in this version:
    - Amazon Prime content displayed
    - A subscription selector to customize content subscriptions. Netflix, HBOGO, and Amazon Prime will show as 'free' if subscribed
    - Various bugfixes

Description

PrimeTime for Google TV works for you so you never miss out. Bringing together everything on your cable/satellite TV, Netflix, YouTube, and all sorts of other Internet streaming sites, PrimeTime recommends the best content for you to watch ...

Whether you’re in the mood for hilarious comedy or spine tingling suspense, you can quickly find something good without scrolling through hundreds of channels or changing the input on your TV ....

Features:

* Works with your existing cable or satellite TV subscription

* Quick Guide lets you browse while watching TV or streaming from any app

* Find your favorite episodes in one place whether it's live or on-demand, on your TV or on the web

* Filters make it easy to find free/paid, on now/soon, and HD/SD content

* Add your favorite channels and shows and save movies to your movie queue

* Provides real-time personalized recommendations as you watch and rate content and use the app

* Includes movies and shows from Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, and others

2. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

I saw that last night after the remote wouldnt respond and rebooted. Silent update?

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

When Google updates many of the GTV apps (such as YouTube, Primetime, etc.) - it's not usually done as part of a full OS update - but rather just a specific app update pushed out by Google themselves. If I'm online when this happens I get a brief pop-up message (on my Logitech Revue) that the app has been updated (it updates automatically).

OS and firmware updates are not "silent" and are pushed out by the GTV manufacturers (Google provides the base OS and the GTV manufacturers provide the drivers for the OS update).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  4. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

Looks like some new categories too. Reality shows in there now. Oh boy

5. dman351

dman351 New Member

Could somebody post the New Primetime apk. I want to try some testing with Canadian content to see if anything works, much appreciated.

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[h=1]Google TV PrimeTime adds Amazon Prime, HBO GO and Netflix subscriptions[/h]By Alan Buckingham

[​IMG]

I love Amazon Prime. If I had a Kindle I would probably love it even more, if that were possible. Over the past two weeks I have also come to love my new Google TV, which has taken over our living room, with control of the DirecTV DVR and apps thrown in to boot. One of those apps is Amazon and I use it quite often, keeping a string of movies and TV shows in my watch list ....

Now the Google PrimeTime app for Google TV has been updated to version 1.4.3-43-79424. This innocuous little name actually comes with a huge feature update. Not only has Amazon Prime content been rolled into the service, but you can control it and Netflix and HBO GO subscriptions from within the app as well ....

[​IMG][​IMG]
    With this update, Google PrimeTime is now a truly one-stop shop for pretty much all of your content. With Netflix, HBO GO, Amazon Prime, YouTube, cable or satellite box shows and a bunch of other services ....

Google also added an update to its Play movies and TV app that mimics Amazon's X-Ray. Ben Serridge, the Product Manager for Google Play, says "when you're watching a film on your tablet, simply press pause and cards will pop up with information about actors on screen. You can tap on an actor's face to learn more about him, like his age, place of birth, his character in the movie, and his recent work, or scroll through the info cards to learn more about the movie or soundtrack. When you resume the movie, the cards will disappear" ....

While that update is currently only for mobile it seems a logical next step is to add it to Google TV as well. Google's foray into the living room started rather slowly as the Logitech Revue offering fell flat on its face, but remember that Android thing got off to a rather slow start as well.

7. SirWatch

SirWatch New Member

Does HBOGo work if DirecTV is the provider?

8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I believe so, but I'm not for sure, give it a test run ...

9. SirWatch

SirWatch New Member

I currently have a Roku and DirecTV doesn't allow HBO Go on it. If it works on Google TV I would buy one but I don't have one to test so I was hoping someone with DirecTV could test.

10. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Do you have the HBO service via DirecTV, that's all you need to access HBOGo via Google TV...

11. nowheremen22

nowheremen22 New Member

I've noticed that I don't have access to the "mini" guide. When I hit the guide button now, it takes me directly to "shows." Before it would bring up the "mini" guide overlay on the screen and I would use it all the time. Any workaround for this?

12. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Bring up the Primetime App. From the side Menu click on Options. Make sure to check mark Quick Guide. Then click on Personalization and click on your e-mail address & hit back. Try bringing up the Quick Guide. If it still doesn't show up, from Home Setting>Applications>Manage Applications>Primetime and click on Uninstall Updates. Give the App time to reinstall update & try bringing up the Quick Guide.