Quantcast

Co-Star CM-7000PAL codes

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Brianboy12, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Brianboy12

Brianboy12 New Member

Is there a way for my Vizio Co-Star to control my Channel Master CM-7000PAL OTA DVR? I have searched Google for threads, but not finding any answers. A couple of threads seems to indicate that this is not possible. When I try to setup the CM-7000PAL with the Vizio Co-Star, I get to the point where the Co-Star asks for a 4 digit code to enter for the Media Internet Box, but nothing works. Would appreciate any ideas.

2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Did you just purchase your Co-Star ...?

3. Brianboy12

Brianboy12 New Member

Yes, but used on EBAY. When I set it up there was an update to be installed, and I did that.

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

That's what I figured, I might can help you ...

If the last update was the v5.3.0, either way, I want you to go back and do three (3) hard resets via the bottom back hole using a paperclip ...

After each hard reset do not do a "Start Screen First Time Setup", just do the bottom hole hard reset again ...

After the third hard reset do the "Complete Start Screen First Time Setup" ...

When you get to "Set Up Your Devices" click on "DVR", if you are using a "OTA" setup, click on "Other Service Provider", next click on "Broadcast Digital (Your Zip code should Be Here) .. Now just follow the on the screen instructions ...

After doing the 3 hard resets, now you should now be able to find the correct Co-Star CM-7000PAL codes, if they are in the Co-Star data base ... Sometimes after doing a update the remote codes data will be missing, the hard resets will usually restore the remote codes data ...

Take your time be patient and hopefully this will work, either way get back with me ...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Brianboy12

Brianboy12 New Member

I contacted Vizio about the Co-Star and they said they do NOT support the CM7000PAL. However, I did some more google searching and someone suggested usiing DISH VIP622 satellite DVR as the option under setup-DVR. I did this and voila!! That code fully controls the CM7000PAL.

• Like Like x 4