Quantcast

Co Star and HDMI Extender

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by yorT, Jan 24, 2013.

1. yorT

yorT New Member

I recently bought the monoprice HDMI extenders seen here For only $27.90 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI® Over CAT5E / CAT6 Extender Wall Plate (Pair) w/ Built-In Backward IR Channel - Single Port (1P) - White | HDMI Wall Plates . The HDMI extender works with in the following order:

-HDMI from cisco cable box to HDMI extender
    -HDMI extender to co star HDMI IN
    -Co Star HDMI OUT to TV

However,when connected in the following order there is no video or sound:

-HDMI from cisco cable box to co star HDMI IN
    -Co star HDMI OUT to HDMI extender
    -HDMI Extender to TV

I've tried with the co star out of the equation and all works well. I've tried the second set up without the cable box and nothing. Seems to be a problem with the co star connecting to the hdmi extender on the transmitter side. Works fine when on the hdmi extender receiver side. Anyone have any ideas?

2. yorT

yorT New Member

Guess no one is using hdmi extenders. I'll contact Vizio support and see if they have an answer.

3. martinbush1986

martinbush1986 New Member

I am not familiar with Monoprice products. I use long range HDMI Extenders from KVMSwitchTech for installations and they work pretty well. You might want to contact the supplier to see what is causing the issue.

4. yorT

yorT New Member

Update: Contacted Vizio support and they asked if the extenders were HDCP compliant. I did not see anything on the product page which states they are HDCP compliant so I contacted Monoprice. Monoprice claimed they are compliant but I'm returning them for HDMI extenders which are in compliance with HDCP. I found these which explicatively say they compliant:

For only $41.16 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI® Extender using Cat5e/CAT6 cable extending up to 196 ft, Supporting DDC & HDCP | HDMI Extender

5. yorT

yorT New Member

Update to anyone looking to get an HDMI extender. I just got one that is compliant with HDCP but it didn't work. So I contacted vizio again and this time the chat support rep told me that the co star does not currently work with any HDMI extenders. They were not aware of the problem until now but they are working with manufacturers to fix this. I asked if it's hardware or software and he said mostly software related. But he made it clear the co star would eventually work with the HDMI extenders.

• Like Like x 2