Quantcast

CNBC feed on Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by HamDog, Nov 29, 2010.

1. HamDog

HamDog Member

I was checking out Google TV at Best Buy over the weekend and noticed they offer a free feed of CNBC. If you go to the CNBC website, they want $10/month to watch live CNBC on their website. Where is Google TV getting it's free feed for CNBC?

On my home computer, I use the Chrome browser with the "TV" plug-in. On the TV plug-in, there is a free feed to CNBC through Justin-TV, but it's very unreliable. There are many days when the feed is down.

I watch a lot of CNBC and wondering if I could get the same feed as Google TV on my computer. Anyone know where the feed is coming from?

2. Jerz

Jerz New Member

I REALLY don't think it's a LIVE feed although they try to make you think it is.... seriously, I was very disappointed with it.

EDIT: I've got it on now and they are talking about the rally in the stock market while the internet portion of the app is showing a bunch of red so it is definitely not real time although they claim it is.

3. HamDog

HamDog Member

WOW! That really sucks! How friggin misleading is that when they call it "CNBC Live". I think they're referring to the stock tickers on the right had side being real time. But that's really misleading. Can anyone else confirm the video feed isn't live? I can't fine the answer on Google. One person on Youtube claims it's a live feed while another says it's not.

And can you get Bloomberg? Bloomberg provides a free live feed on their website. Unlike CNBC, they don't charge $10/month.

4. HamDog

HamDog Member

I just came back from Best Buy and tested their Google TV for CNBC. It is NOT a live video feed from CNBC, it's just video clips of the past shows. Bummer.

5. Jerz

Jerz New Member

well that does suck but surly itll get better.... laying in bed surfing the web and responding to this forum is pretty awesome.