Quantcast

cloud TV - Pirate TV (500 Streaming Channels)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by guest, Jun 24, 2015.

1. guest

guest Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. ponghclub

ponghclub Member

thanks..... now my cord cutting are completed.... they will add DVR feature soon that make it more interesting. I hope it keep growing in the future..... again i'm appreciate your sharing.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1
  3. guest

guest Active Member

The site wasn't functional with my "outdated" Logitech Revue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ponghclub

ponghclub Member

the site work on all Android tablets but on my amazon fireTV i just find the way to make it work and it work flawlessly i hope this way will work on device also :

1. i use Chrome browser apk
    2. i use ustv apk

go to cloud tv site and select 'tablet' choose any channel you like then it will ask to select with app to play..... choose 'ustv' it will open up and start play channels from cloud tv site..... hope it work for you.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1
  5. CO2

CO2 New Member

Is there anything legal about this? Or is it another bastion of malware?

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Absolutely not legal in the US for any content or channel protected by copyright laws and I doubt if it is legal anywhere else. A bastion of malware? I have never loaded it but that would be my expectation if I did.

7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Well just to clarify I believe that technically (in the USA) this app is legal - because they don't actually host any of the live TV channels themselves. All they do is find other live feeds hosted elsewhere on the internet - and then they link to those feeds. It's certainly shady but that doesn't make it illegal. Technically (in the USA) the web sites that host the live feeds are the ones that are breaking the law. This is the same kind of thing that the 1Channel app does (only 1Channel links to movies & TV shows instead of live TV feeds). I have a feeling those live TV feeds don't stay up for long before they get taken down - and the video quality on most of them is probably just "fair" at best.

IMO the piracy laws in the United States are flawed because these kind of apps that knowingly link to pirated content shouldn't be legal. However Google does a lot of lobbying with Congress in an attempt to keep the piracy laws as lax as possible. Google claims this is because of their underlying belief in "openness & freedom" - however I believe it is because the more lax the piracy laws are - the more money Google makes.

Case in point is the 1Channel app which Google made a showcase app for Google TV in the Google Play Store. Google only removed it from the Play Store after a bunch of huff and puff from an attorney general concerning potential legal actions against Google (for some of Google's overall questionable business practices).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  8. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I am sure the app can be used for legal purposes which is why I posted my answer as I did, using the app with any protected channels and content is illegal in the US. Of course I am not naive and don't believe anybody would use the app with public domain or other legal content, the app will be used for copyright violations, nothing less.

I am not an attorney and I wouldn't be surprised if the app itself could be shown to be illegal since any reasonable person would conclude it isn't used for legal purposes. A crack pipe has legal uses, one could blow soap bubbles or smoke something that is legal to smoke I suppose.

9. octechx

octechx New Member

You can use vget extension app from smart phone to android tv for this. Awesome find btw. Love The Service.