Quantcast

Clicker / Search including all actual results

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by ginsengbomb, Nov 29, 2011.

1. ginsengbomb

ginsengbomb New Member

The Clicker app ought to be an absolutely ingenius addition to GTV, and one that addresses basic shortcomings like the built-in search function's (and TV and Movie's) inability to find network streams that play just fine on GTV (Comedy Central, for example), except for a few strange issues.

For one thing, it doesn't think Netflix movies will play on my GTV box.

For another, it also doesn't think streams from Comedy Central will play on my GTV box.

Of course, BOTH of these things play just fine on my GTV box, and Netflix even has a dedicated app (gasp!).

Anybody else notice this? Would be killer if it were fixed.

/random semi-complaint over

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I have ask this question since people misuse word "app" very often on this site. Are you talking about the Clicker.tv weblink from the Spotlight app or are you referring to the Clicker.tv for Google TV Android Market app? Cause I wasn't able to get it to bring up Iron Man 2 or any of the Colbert Report videos. It appears the developer did not account for Google breaking the netflix:// URI call from Android 2.1 and for the Comedy Central it seems to be correct in warning me it won't play. You may consider going to developers website to report the problem.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ginsengbomb

ginsengbomb New Member

The Android Market app :).

I'll post to the dev's site -- good point!

So you can't play Comedy Central videos on your GTV box? I'm using the Sony BD player, watched a Daily Show ep on the Comedy Central site after boldly charging through the Clicker app warning that the video wouldn't play.

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Nope, but I also have my user agent set to default. I haven't tried fussing with it. I just know that I couldn't watch the Colbert Report. I suppose that I can try later to play with the settings since there's no reason you should be able to access it over me. However, I already have access to the Comedy Central content through Hulu Plus on both my Tivo Premiere and Roku 2 XS.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I'm on the Logitech Revue (still on OS 2.1) - and Comedy Central is one of those sites in which the full episodes will work by changing my user agent to "generic".