Quantcast

Chromecast Stick - Your Hands On Experience

Discussion in 'Google Chromecast' started by revue5, Jul 24, 2013.

1. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

My first impression... :)

• Simple setup. (with on-screen instructions)
    • Familiar User Interface
    • Easy to use
    • Stable. (no delays, no lag, no hiccups) with Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Movies & TV, and Google Play Music (all w/o a hitch, so far).
    • Sharpe PQ. (vibrant colors & smoothe motion in fast-action scenes)
    • it does support 1080p video & 5.1surround sound (DD+ with netflix app & site)

Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Movies & TV, and Google Play Music apps & sites, work great as advertised ...

as far as Chrome tab projection (from PC to TV with sites that don't support "cast optimized site"), the video quality really needs those PCs specs (or reduce bitrate to 480p w/ hulu for example) anyway the chromecast browser feature still in beta till chrome 30 update.

& btw, if you looking to get 5.1 surround sound from Netflix, plug the stick directly into the AV receiver.

i think Google has done a great job! on this one & i expect this product to be successful as they add more apps & sites.

fyi, i added lots of info @ Chromecast Tips & Chromecast FYI

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Memphis

Memphis New Member

Friggen unreal
    It took me 2 days to setup Cromecast.
    Problem was High IQ Low IQ device.
    On my first try I did every thing right. It only took a few min
    but
    I was using IE 10. Nothing worked!!!!
    I got pissed
    During the day and night I rest my chromecast 4 times. Renamed my router 5 times. Changed my passwords. Tried to get my Android phone to work.
    Soo
    Passed out. Woke up the next day.
    Renamed my router back to the orginal name reset all my password.
    Configured Chromcast
    TV states READY TO CAST!!!!
    I was happy I had not seen that for 2 days.
    Down loaded crome Was not happy about that due to the fact some sights dont work well with chrome and add on and plug ins can be disable at start up but they re enable on next starup.
    but
    I am a happy camper now.
    My I5 Ivy SFF computer will never be turned on again. If I ever see IE 10 again Well it will be a cold day in Hell before I fire up IE again.
    I am in the proccess of converting all my computer's movies into WEBM format.
    Ok
    Will fire off the 3 month Free Netflix at the beggining of the week so I can get phone support.
    If only I lowered my IQ by drinking a six pack or smoking a few Js I think I could have saved 2 days of Hell.
    My recommendation:
    Drink beer smoke rope then install chromecast.
    Dont do it sober.

4. frobey

frobey New Member

So I've had my chromecast for a day now...youtube works quite nicely on it, very easy to send a video to the device.

Casting a tab in Chrome works slick, but it doesn't seem to update after you cast it...ie, I'm casting Pandora over to my TV and as it switches from song to song it never updates to display the next song but it plays it just fine (and on my laptop it is flipping from song to song correctly. Thought maybe I had to have that tab showing but it doesn't seem to matter.

It does a similar thing if say you're on a Facebook page, first click it will update then it just sits there until you stop casting and start casting again....so right now it's not usable as an extended monitor for your laptop with this behavior...

Occasionally a tab in Chrome will lockup (not the one that is being cast) and lockup the whole browser, and you'll need to shut that tab down and the browser comes back. Never have seen that before on my laptop before installing the Chromecast app.

I've had the laptop Blue Screen once...NEVER have seen that before...

I'm running Windows 7 on this Dell Inspiron....

Frank

5. my5string

my5string New Member

I did the initial setup and there was no connection. Then I unplugged, and re-plugged the power source and that corrected that issue. Now, I am having a problem with intermittent sound, and slight popping sounds in the speakers. Can anyone help?

6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

^
    if you still have sound issue, post more info...