Quantcast

ChromeCast no longer connects to my network

Discussion in 'Google Chromecast' started by offroadace, Aug 30, 2013.

1. offroadace

offroadace New Member

As stated, ChromeCast no longer connects to my network.
    This has worked since I purchased it, and worked quite well. Today I went to connect and watch and it no longer connects to my network. The typical unable to make connection to network ********.
    Nothing has hanged in my environment since I purchased ChromeCast and originally configured it.
    Same network runs on my Nexus 7 and laptop. The connect and work without error.

I have performed NUMEROUS factory reboots and generic reboots and shutdowns and resets and it does not connect.

As stated, the network has not changed.

I can connect to my neighbors really week open network, but it no longer connects to my protected network. (password is correct).

I have no idea on what the next step would be. I am not going to reconfigure my network, which previously worked well with ChromeCast.

How do I correct this problem with the ChromeCast device?

Regards
    ORA

2. jaslllx235

jaslllx235 New Member

I had the same problem. I thought I bricked the dongle when I moved it from the living room to the bedroom. I tried to setup the Chromecast to a different router. But there is a software giltch in the phone. You can only setup the phone Chromecast once and after that the setup process keeps telling you it can't see your chromecast device.

I verified both were on the same network but when you enter setup the screen on the TV never displays the setup code and the phone says it can't see the device. I was lucky I had another Android phone sitting around that would do an initial setup. I'm all out of phones to do this so I'm not will to do any testing as I don't want to lose my access agin. But I did try removing the app from the phone and reinstalling it without success. Only using a phone that I never installed Chromecast worked for me.

I did not remove Netflix and Youtube or remove the data before uninstalling Chromecast so you can try that if you don't have any extra phones laying around to do a fresh setup with.

When setting up the Chromecast you should get the setup code to show up on the TV screen. If you don't then the phone is not talking to the dongle. The initial connection is made using the screen code. After you confirm the screen code you can then setup the network password on the Chromecast dongle. My phones only can do a setup once. The second time I try the TV will not show a setup code which tells me the phone is not talking to the dongle. The phone will show the dongle name and network correctly but the setup process will not get the screen code up on the TV and the phone displays an error msg. Try another phone that you have not installed Chromecast on yet. It worked for me.

3. offroadace

offroadace New Member

Thanks.
    I actually found the answer.
    I completely rebuilt my router. New name, new password reconnected all my wireless devices back up and was able to connect to ChromeCast as before.
    I always saw the ChromeCast code as before, but it just never connected to be able to stream.

Unknown why I could run the app and see the code and start the connection but something was stopping it from completing the connection.
    I really don't know if anyone will find this useful or not, but it is how I was able to resolve the connection issue.

• Like Like x 2