Quantcast

Chromecast (native) Apps - list

Discussion in 'Google Chromecast' started by revue5, Aug 1, 2013.

1. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

here is the current Chromecast (native) "Apps" & "cast optimized sites" list

1. Netflix ............................................ native cast app & cast optimized site
    2. YouTube ........................................ native cast app & cast optimized site
    3. Google Play Movies & TV ............ native cast app & cast optimized site
    4. Google Play Music ....................... native cast app & cast optimized site
    5. Vudu .............................................. native cast app & cast optimized site
    6. Crackle .......................................... native cast app & cast optimized site
    7. Hulu Plus ...................................... native cast app
    8. Pandora ........................................ native cast app
    9. HBO GO ........................................ native cast app
    10. Plex ............................................... native cast app
    11. VEVO ............................................ native cast app
    12. Red Bull.TV .................................. native cast app
    13. Songza ......................................... native cast app
    14. PostTV .......................................... native cast app
    15. Viki ................................................ native cast app
    16. RealPlayer Cloud ......................... native cast app
    17. Avia ............................................... native cast app

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-chromecast/8221-chromecast-tips.html#gtvmta

more apps here ..

If you know of a new app, please share it ...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  2. chopper

chopper Active Member

Follow this devs YouTube channel he's created 2 new Chromcast Apps this past week:

Koushik Dutta - YouTube

They terms of Google licences prevent these Apps from release so we will have to wait.

• Like Like x 2
  3. milano123

milano123 New Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  4. streamer

streamer New Member

What is the deal? Why is there a Chromecast app for Hulu but there is no Hulu app for my Sony TV w/ GoggleTV Aren't "we" all in the same "family"?

5. Joanna88

Joanna88 New Member

I dunno if we'd really be able to see something as organized as people getting a food stamp debit card from their local church though..

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The last time I visited the Hulu site with Google TV, there was message that they are working on a Hulu Plus app for Google TV, that was a few months ago. The first time almost three years ago, I saw the same message. I don't really know what is going on but I suspect Google TV is seen as a threat, it is a more ambitious product, capable of being an important part of a cutting the cord solution. I know that is how I use it. Chromecast wouldn't be viewed as a centerpiece for cutting the cord, it is designed to work only with streaming services that are supplemental to pay TV when used with a smart phone or tablet. Google tried to design Google TV as something that worked best when used with a pay TV source and it does work well in that capacity. It also works well with free TV sources, including OTA and when used in conjunction with a PC, works well with all free TV sites designed only for use with a PC.

Thus we have one device, Chromecast, seen as a lightweight companion to smart phones and tablets and a pay TV subscription, not capable of doing much toward the goal of leaving pay TV behind and another device, Google TV, which can be center to leaving pay TV behind. I think the decision was, let's not do anything to make leaving pay TV behind easier than it has to be, don't cooperate with Google TV but don't say we aren't cooperating, pretend that we are to some extent.

• Like Like x 2
  7. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

8. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Wow, Chromecast has come a long way since I last checked the list of available apps.

10. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

11. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

na man, this little gadget is on fire.. is out selling most any streamer in mulit countries.. it took a bit or time for it to gain steam.. but now its just about critical mass... meaning its a benefit to any android video application or music to include chrome cast support.... this list will be a beast to keep up with... this list is just building by the day... every day i check the google cast store app... there are at least 3 or 4 new apps... even if some of them are in Swedish or German or whatever... its great to see something with momentum..... too bad google tv did not take the same path.. i wonder what amazon has learned from google tv failed attempts.... it looks like it caused google to go through a real sea change.. yep... digging the chrome cast!

12. Le Van Thang

Le Van Thang New Member