Quantcast

Chromebooks Will Soon Be Sold In 6600 Stores For $199 and Up

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jun 18, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Chromebooks will soon be sold in 6600 stores for $199 and up - Liliputing (click for full article)

By Brad Linder - June 18, 2013

"Google has announced that Chromebooks will soon be available in 6,600 stores around the world. That's about three times the number of stores that currently offer laptops running Google's Chrome OS software.

Up until now you've been able to buy the devices from Best Buy, Amazon, and the Google Play Store. But soon you'll be able to pick one up at Staples, Walmart, Tesco, FNAC, Harvey Nroman, and other locations."

2. guest

guest Active Member

There should be a Chromebooks forum on GoogleTVforum. Chromebooks isn't off-topic, it's very much on-topic. I think that it is the future for the "Google TV franchise". It's the future in the sense that it is portable. The various iterations of GoogleTV that we have now are not portable (Revue, Vizio, etc.). If we need to dash out of the house unexpectedly, we can put a Revue or Vizio under our arm and go, but we can't practically use it. If Google designed a "ChromebooksTV" that worked as a standalone device while on-the-move, as it is now designed, and that also could get plugged back in to a TV screen when back at one's home-base, that would advance this technology and make a good selling point to boot.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

For comparison purposes it would be interesting to know how many stores sell Google TV?

Also I think a distinction needs to be made as to whether a store actually carries the device in store on the shelf - or whether you need to initiate the order online and then can go pick it up at the store later. (I believe Walmart calls this "Site to Store").

Taking it one step further - how many stores that actually stock the products on their store shelves have a qualified sales person to explain the product? Or even better a demonstration booth with specially trained personnel to give hands-on demonstrations? I had read that Best-Buy has a display booth for Chromebooks - but I haven't been to Best Buy in a long time so I can't confirm.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013