Quantcast

Chrome Web Store Opens (GTV?)

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Rickaren, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Chrome Web Store Opens For Google Chrome Users

apps, extensions and themes

$chrome-web-store.jpg

Do these work on Google TV?

Earlier today the Google Chrome Web Store was launched. It was expected to be launched back in October and at this moment in time the marketplace is only available in the U.S. You will of course need to have the Google Chrome system installed on your computer to be able to access the web store.
    The intention of the Google Chrome Web Store is to provide a centralized marketplace for the downloading of web apps for both the Chrome operating system and the Chrome browser.

The intention of the Google Chrome Web Store is to provide a centralized marketplace for the downloading of web apps for both the Chrome operating system and the Chrome browser.
    Some big names on the net are already getting involved with Amazon offering its Windowshop app. Facebook have Photo Zoom available. There is even a New York Times app.

But to get to know everything that is available, the best thing to do is to head over to the Google Chrome Web Store yourself at https://chrome.google.com/webstore

Chrome Web Store Opens For Google Chrome Users | World News Insight

2. stonefeet

stonefeet New Member

probably won't work now (or at least not well) but i'd be willing to bet the house that google just got all those app makers to redesign versions of their website for google tv. first thing i thought when i pulled up the huffington post app was (this would be AWESOME on my google tv)