Quantcast

Chrome to TV version 2.3.0 not working

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by capesp50, Dec 11, 2011.

1. capesp50

capesp50 New Member

I have Logitech Revue for Google TV and today I downloaded and installed the new version 3.1. Everything seems to be working fine except for Chrome. When I click on it all this displayed is a gray screen. If I type a web address into the search again all that is displayed is a gray screen. Any suggestuions ? I have tried restarting the Revue, unplugging the Revue, unplugging my router and nothing seems to help.

2. entertailion

entertailion New Member

Are you sure that your internet connection is good? Can you load the YouTube app and it shows videos?

3. capesp50

capesp50 New Member

The fact that I downloaded the update was an indication that my internet connection was good I did check it with a laptop to be sure. I was able to click on Market and download an app so I feel that my internet connection was working properly. What I did do also was go to YouTube and was able to view a video. The interesting thing was when I clicked on Chrome after that it started working. Thanks for your response. All seems to be working fine now and from what
    I've seen so far 3.1 is very nice.

4. capesp50

capesp50 New Member

Problem solved. When I did the update to version 3.1 I went to the About and checked for updates and downloaded. I then did the alt-ctrl-del to reset. Everything seemed to go ok except that Chrome didn't work. After much frustration I did a factory default reset by holding the reset button for several seconds and went through the setting up of TV, screen setup etc. Now everything is working properly including Chrome.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Btw, the "Chrome to TV 2.3.0" application has little to do with the built-in browser, "Google Chrome version 3.1-8061", for Google TV. Chrome to TV is a mechanism which allows you to push links from Chrome running on your PC or Mobile device to the Chrome web browser on Google TV. In retrospect, you probably could have fixed your problems by going into GTV Settings > Application > Manage Application > Google Chrome > Force Stop & Clear Data.