Quantcast

Chrome Tabs To CoStar?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by sixraven, Mar 1, 2014.

1. sixraven

sixraven New Member

:confused: Is it possible to stream/cast Chrome Tabs on my laptop to my CoStar?
    Costar doesn't support flash. I want to stream a flash video from my laptop to the costar.
    Thanks
    L

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

There's no way to mirror your laptop currently without additional hardware. You'll need a a Miracast dongle or a Chromecast (which costs about $35 dollars). Here is a thread comparing the Chromecast to the Tronsmart T1000 wireless display adapter:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...tronsmart-t1000-wireless-display-adapter.html

On a related note - you can use the free Chromemote Chrome extension which will enable you to fling URLs to your GTV (your laptop acts as a remote control). This is not the same thing as mirroring and thus it only works with content that is natively supported on your GTV. So Chromemote won't solve your Flash issue.

If the Co-Star gets updated to the Jellybean OS - then you could use the Splashtop app for Flash content on your Co-Star (in conjunction with your laptop). No additional hardware would be required to run Splashtop - but Splashtop won't currently work with the Co-Star because the Co-Star is on the Honeycomb OS.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014