Quantcast

Chrome performance

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Malachi42, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Malachi42

Malachi42 New Member

I have the Sony Blu-ray box. Chrome on it is slow and often unresponsive. For example, loading up this website Chrome often becomes unresponsive. It will eventually load the site and when it does finally respond and finish loading the page I'll get a system message box telling me that Chrome is not responding and asking if I want to force close it or wait.

I even get that message when booting the system. I turn on the unit and wait and when it finally comes up I'll get a system message stating that a system service is not responding.

I'm confident that it's not related to my network as no other devices (including my PC, my netbook, or my Android phone) have any problems at all loading webpages.

I was wondering if other people are having these issues?

2. Netastophales

Netastophales New Member

If this were my droid phone, I would suspect that I have some other app open that is competing for recourses. have you tried to reboot?

3. Malachi42

Malachi42 New Member

Yes, and as I wrote above, I get the system message even after booting. What I mean by that is, I turn the unit on and wait. After it finally finishes coming up, it will pop up the system message that something is not responding.

What I'm really interested in is, when you load, say, this webpage on your GTV, how long does it take? On mine sometimes it loads relatively quickly and other times it takes several dozen seconds and it unresponsive while loading.

4. Netastophales

Netastophales New Member

Well, if it is sometimes faster and sometimes slower, then it would not matter what mine is at. I am in the office and can not get to my Revue (I know.... it sucks to be away from my newest baby). How are you connecting your device to the internet? Via WiFi or cable? If its WiFi I would turn the whole thing off, and just try a cable directly to the device.... see if it gets you better performance. If it does then there is something giving intermittent interference to the GTV. Then I would just try moving the GTV to another location (preferably farther way from anything that would be broadcasting EMF. If it is no better then well, I need to keep thinking about that possibility.

5. Malachi42

Malachi42 New Member

It matters because I want to know if this is a common issue or if it's something specific to my setup. That's why I'm asking.

I have had the box both hardwired into the Ethernet and using WiFi. Like I said, none of my other devices are experiencing any problems at all, whether hard wired or WiFi.

6. Malachi42

Malachi42 New Member

Also, I have 6mb DSL and watch 720p and 1080p videos on my GTV box without the slightest hiccup. So this isn't a bandwidth problem to the GTV. The problem seems isolated to Chrome (or possibly Flash, I wish I could turn that off). Netflix, Napster, and Pandora all behave fine.

7. joker

joker Guest

For the past 2 days, I haven't been able to do anything on my Revue. Page has become unresponsive is all I get after waiting a while for it to load. Tried calling logitech and stayed on hold foe 45 minutes & said f*ck it & hung up. Luckily I have a laptop to use. Wished I had never gotten the damn upgrade.