Quantcast

Chrome failure - Logitech Revue

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by 11salem, Sep 22, 2013.

1. 11salem

11salem New Member

Recently Chrome has stopped working. I get a white screen with blue circle that spins/loads forever. I have gone into settings to clear data and also reset the app, and rebooted the device. Still the same issue.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Are you sure that your internet connection is good? Try rebooting your router. If that doesn't help then do a factory reset for your Logitech Revue (push and hold the button in back of the Revue for about 40 seconds).

3. retroben

retroben Active Member

Did you get an ad or popup on the chrome browser just before this started happening?

I get the blue circle issue on my GS7 after having to close my browser from a scroll locking ad/popup.

But when I force stopped it,opened/exited it,then used a RAM clearing app to long press chrome in order to kill the app,it fixed the blue circle issue.

4. 11salem

11salem New Member

Thank you, I forgot (?) that the hard re-set is different than powering off/on (which I was doing). It's working again.

I will watch for the problem, @retroben, to see if the cause is a scroll locking ad/popup. I'm not following you on the steps you took to troubleshoot though...can you tell me more?

5. retroben

retroben Active Member

I am not sure how to explain the scroll problem,but I just recently encountered the blue circle again.

When I was on swfchan (DJM),the usual ads/popups happen,and after watching a flashed spongebob ytp,I closed chrome.
    The next time I opened chrome,I got the blue circle problem,then I fixed it the same way as before.

I exited,force stopped it in the app info,opened it again,then I used a RAM booster to kill the app.
    When I opened it yet again,it was now working properly.

Hopefully this works for you if the blue circle happens again.