Quantcast

Chrome Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by seedoubleyou, Aug 29, 2012.

1. seedoubleyou

seedoubleyou New Member

I am not sure if it is due to the fact that I utilize 2-factor authentication with my Google account, or that the version of Chrome for GTV is just wonky, but I seem to be unable to get bookmarks to sync from my account, as well as get them to show up under 'bookmarks' inside Chrome itself.

I am also thinking that perhaps it is a 'feature' of the Co-Star as any bookmarks I save on the device itself end up in the 'Bookmarks' app within the 'V' menu, not within Chrome itself.

I have tried clearing Chrome data and duplicated the problem, and I really don't want to try a factory reset as it doesn't seem worth that much trouble.

Has anyone seen similar behavior?

2. Rrok007

Rrok007 New Member

I haven't tried this yet so I can't speak.

I can say that last night I tied installing a few Chrome extentions or apps and was unsuccessful. Everyone of them failed with an error message.

3. MsCarolM

MsCarolM New Member

I was trying to figure this one out, too. I read something (I think it was in the Google support forums, but don't quote me on that) about it being an issue with the Honeycomb version of Chrome not syncing bookmarks. Not sure if that's what it is or not, but from what I was reading, it didn't appear to be Google TV-specific issue. I could be wrong though.

4. chopper

chopper Active Member

Enter Symbaloo you can make a custom page with your own bookmarks:

5. seedoubleyou

seedoubleyou New Member

I actually talked to Lyle@Vizio support on this and it is a confirmed firmware issue...I am hopeful it gets fixed....;

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I think the Chrome syncing issue is more of a Google TV platform issue - as others on first generation GTV devices are having issues fully syncing their Chrome bookmarks with GTV. This was mentioned in this thread:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-help/5766-bookmarks-will-not-sync.html

By the way their is a way to sync your GTV bookmarks to the cloud - so in case you need to do a factory reset of your GTV - your GTV bookmarks will automatically be restored. This is also mentioned in the thread from the link above.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012