Quantcast

Chrome Bookmarks in the home screen canvas

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by jTV, Feb 15, 2012.

1. jTV

jTV New Member

Is there any way to get Chrome Bookmarks in the home screen widget canvas on top of the launch bar ?
    this canvas area seems like a big waste of space with very few useful widgets to put in there.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  2. BLA

BLA New Member

What is the canvas?

3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Yes, you would need to use an App like Launcher Pro. It allows for up to 7 home screens. Check Market to find one to your liking.

Carl

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, if you want to use the default home screen then you can use either MultiCon or Folder Organizer (Lite) to fill up that space with application and other system shortcuts. However, Folder Organizer also adds the ability to use website bookmarks as well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. chopper

chopper Active Member

Make yourself a Symbaloo bookmark page, bookmark it to your home screen and add it to the launcher that comes up when you hit the GTV home button. Now when you select the launcher you have a full screen bookmarks page which you can use the d pad on to navigate. You select a picture and navigate to your selected web site/bookmark. This looks amazing on GTV. Here is one I made to share with all GTV users but many of the links are to Canadian Networks and may not work in the US.

Google TV in Canada

I just love how this fills the GTV screen perfectly on my 50" HD TV giving it a smart phone appearance!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  6. BLA

BLA New Member

I tried Launcher Pro. It was so buggy I had to uninstall it through the application settings menu. It's clearly for phones, not GTV.
    Folder Organizer was pretty bad, too.

7. jTV

jTV New Member

IMO Folder Organizer is a good widget solution; Thanks eferz, as usual!. By default the widget sizes are very small, but you can get up to 4x4 size in Preferences->enable\disable widgets. And the enter/ok buttons dont launch the link, only clicking on it works.

Symbaloo looks nice but chopper's template can't be customized and you can't import bookmarks.

For now I'll stick to BookmarSB, which is not a widget but can be put in the launch bar.

8. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

Yeh, I found Folder Organizer a little strange as well, but I haven't uninstalled it cuz eferz has it as one of his faves and so I figured I must be missing something. I've organized all my stuff into different labels and such, but can't quite find how to deploy those label icons unto my wallpaper.