Quantcast

Chrome App - Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by chopper, Sep 5, 2012.

1. chopper

chopper Active Member

Personally I would like the App to remember my Zoom preferences ie on the Revue I like to view content with (FN +) times 3! The problem is every time I navigate to a different web page I am forced to hit (FN +) times 3 over and over again. This is annoying and hard on the eyes if I don't remember to enlarge the web pages as I go along.

It is really the text that I find small even after selecting the largest text in Settings. Changing the text size has no effect on my GTV device.

Also web sites such as this one with a white background color are hard on the eyes on GTV. It would be nice if there were a setting to detect web sites with a white background and set them up to automatically change to a color defined by the user. A button that could be hit on the fly might work as well.

2. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

Mine are updated flash, browser and extensions would be nice. I want it to be a full fledged browser.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I'm able to get good text size on Gmail and it seems most other sites, but as you mentioned probably not all sites. I went to settings in Chrome, then advanced settings, then "under the hood" - and there are several settings to adjust for text size. I found that for my tastes I have zoom set to 144%, text size set as "large" and I clicked the box for "zoom to fit". This works nice for my Gmail on a 32 inch TV. There are also even more settings for font style and other things. Have you tried experimenting with these settings?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  4. chopper

chopper Active Member

Hey Catfish I removed a check mark in the settings and that did it! Now for the white background issue, can we get a new background color for this site it hurts the eyes on GTV.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  5. halox

halox New Member

I'm with you on white background ... I'm on a plasma and it loves to buzz when I hit this site (or any incredibly white site). I wish there was just a "night mode" setting that flipped white bgs to black. I know there's a chrome extension that allows for this, but since we're not fully chromed out on the GTV, we'll have to keep waiting.

• Like Like x 2