Quantcast

Chrome 32 Launches

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jan 14, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Chrome 32 Launches With Tab Indicators For Sound And Video, Improved Malware Blocking & New Win8 Metro Design | TechCrunch (click for full article)

by Frederic Lardinois - Jan. 14, 2014

-- Google today released the latest stable version of its Chrome browser. Version 32 includes many of the features that recently arrived in the beta channel, including improved malware blocking and tab indicators for when a site is playing sound, accessing the webcam and sending video to your Chromecast. Google uses a speaker icon, blue rectangle and red dot to indicate these different functions.

Those indicators are a godsend for anybody who has ever tried to figure out which tab suddenly started playing music or a video. Google first started playing with this idea in early 2013, but the beta only got this feature in November.

Read more at: http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/14/ch...d-malware-blocking-and-new-win8-metro-design/

2. CatfishRivers

3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Lol! This should be a great help. Often I think I've closed a video only to hear two videos playing at once. I've never been able to find the orig video. Not sure this will help as there was no tab. I've even restarted the PC only to find that when I go to that user the video is still playing somewhere in the background. I usually have to shutdown just to clear Chrome.

4. CatfishRivers

Chrome 33 Beta Introduces Custom Elements And Support For Speech Synthesis API | TechCrunch (click for full article)

by Frederic Lardinois - Jan. 16, 2014

-- Just a day after the launch of Chrome 32 into the stable release channel, Google today launched the first beta of Chrome 33 for desktop and Android.

This release mostly features updates that will be interesting to developers, including support for Custom Elements, which allows developers to define their own HTML elements. It's a part of the Web Components specs the Chrome team has long been very interested in.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014