Quantcast

Choppy H.264 video playback, all else OK?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by vitamin_zed, Dec 28, 2010.

1. vitamin_zed

vitamin_zed New Member

Hi,

I just installed the Logitech Revue and it seems to be functioning fairly well. I have also installed a DLNA server on my iMac to stream media via the Logitech Media Player. Now I appreciate the Media Player says that video playback is only currently in beta, which may explain my issue, but just wanted to check with others.

Many video files play just fine, however when I attempt to play video taken with my Flip camera (H.264, 720p, 30fps) it stutters pretty badly where the clips are unwatchable.

It seems the network is OK as I can view other HD content from the Internet as well as other high quality video from my iMac in other formats (I believe).

So, I would imagine others have seen this too? Any help/thoughts are appreciated.

By the way, I appear to have 2/3 bars of WiFi reception to the Revue, which is odd since I have 5/5 on my laptop which is further away. I don't believe this is the issue as even 2/3 I would expect can feed this.

THANKS,
    VZed

2. Netastophales

Netastophales New Member

I am no expert, but iot could be that you are getting some interference from something that is around your revue. Something that is hampering wi-fi reception. The reason I say this is that the bar indicators are an average of reception, more than a actual representation of reception. Thus it could be dropping lower during the streaming of your video. Why would it only manifest in H.264 files? well I don;t know. thats why this is just a guess. Try moving the Revue. Its a free fix... so why not right?

3. vitamin_zed

vitamin_zed New Member

This seems to be a wireless network issue and only presents itself with extremely rich (i.e. hi-bandwidth) content. Thanks for inspiring me to get to the bottom of this!