Quantcast

Choosing between 55G2 and 55GA6400

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by googleyed, Apr 23, 2013.

1. googleyed

googleyed New Member

Hi All... forum noob here. Am trying to make up my mind whether to go for a 55G2 or 55GA6400. Been looking around the web and gone through the tech specs but haven't been able to find any major improvements that the newer model has except for 12W audio output instead of 10W and mobile phone connectivity enhancements. Suggestions? Opinions?

2. Peteo

Peteo Member

I have the 47GA6400 if you look @ the specs they look the same, but some one else posted the CPU of this model is newer and faster and LG has not updated the ga6400 page with the new specs. I'm not sure if this is true. I recommend calling LG to find out since the g2 model should be cheaper now. My set comes with 512mb of ram and 4gb of flash storage.
    both sets come with google tv version 3, not sure if the G2 has a mic on the remote. Though dont use voice much so it probably does not matter. I like the GA6400, picture is nice and google TV is good, though it has its quirks. Also onlive app does not work right now. LG will be releasing an update @ some point to fix the issue.

3. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

the GA does have a faster CPU...has more storage 2gb vs 4gb. has a better designed remote. i would choose the GA

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Can you please post a link that confirms the GA actually has a faster CPU? Otherwise - please excuse me for "not taking your word for it" -;)

In fact on the LG web site it says that their new GA GTV televisions use the "L9 dual core CPU" (see link below):

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-47GA7900-led-tv

The G2 series GTV televisions also use a "L9 dual core CPU". IMO it would be likely that if the CPU on the GA series was a different faster processor - it would have a different model number. (Such as the L10 dual core CPU). But it doesn't.

I suppose that while this in and of itself isn't 100% proof that the L9 dual core in the GA series is exactly the same in terms of specs - it's certainly enough for me not to just take anyone's "opinion" as fact - without substantiating evidence (such as a link to specs).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  5. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

i understand where you are coming from. unfortunately i am not at liberty to share the information i have as it is not public information yet. i totally understand if you cant take my work. no worries. so i guess this is all my 'opinion', so IMO the L9 stuff in that link is marketing material left over form the G2 days. having both the G2 and a GA6400 i can definately say that the GA6400 is much smoother and snappier, which would support the idea of a faster processor.

6. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

for example the MTK single core cpu from 2012 was improved to a dual core cpu that can process 222% more FPS than the old MTK processor. the Dual core L9 from 2012 was replaced with a beefier dual core cpu that can process 321% more FPS than the old 2012 L9 processor. im still waiting to get conformation as to the clock speed and name for the new CPU's this year .

7. Peteo

Peteo Member

Thanks it would be great to know..