Quantcast

Channel Master non dvr

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by jm8254og, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jm8254og

jm8254og New Member

Hey everyone. So I love my GTV so far but want to integrate it with my OTA channels. I read all the info (I think I got it all) on the channel master dvr which seems to work great but wondered about the non dvr tuner? Anyone tried it. It's a lot cheaper and i do not need a dvr much (though I may spring for it). The box I am referring to is linked below at frys and is only 129 with a guide and hdmi outs just not dvr. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

FRYS.com | PCT

2. Yodad

Yodad New Member

If it has a coaxial plug for your antenna and a HDMI out for the GTV you should be good.

3. jm8254og

jm8254og New Member

So I am giving it a shot. So far pretty good. It does not match up to the built in profiles for the other channel master boxes so I had to set that up. The guide is limited to just the current channel and has a small window of time. All and all it works but I will most likely return it and get the dvr.

4. jm8254og2

jm8254og2 New Member

Ok.... So I was apparently banned for spamming? Not sure what's up with that. Moderator?

5. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Sorry for the mix up!!

I clicked when I was doing something else..

I am sorry for the confusion on my part..

If this helps any, That is my first time I did that on this site, and I have been here since November 2010,

I already opened your account for you...

Again Sorry...

Scott

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  6. jm8254og

jm8254og New Member

No worries. Glad to be back in the cool kid club. So back to the subject at hand. Tuner is back in the box and the channel master dvr is on it's way via walmart for 299. A bit of a jump in price but I really want a full guide and dvr. The tuner did work ok if anyone wants a compromise. A little expensive for its limited features but still pretty cool. Having a tv feed even if it's just ota seems to make all the difference in experience of the product at least for me.

7. jm8254og

jm8254og New Member

Ok so I got my channel master dvr 7000pal all setup on my revue and everything works. One issue is the channels. When I go to "tune now" from the search it sends three digits but not . So like for 11.1 it sends 111 and the tuner goes to 69.1 for whatever reason. If I just type 11 on the channel master remote it goes to 11.1 but the same thing if I do 111 as the revue. I read a few post but did nt really see a solution. It's not critical but would be nice if it could do it. Oh one more thing if I hit 11 on the logitech keyboard it does fine and appends the .1 but again there is no way to tell it to change to 11.2 or whatever.

8. jm8254og

jm8254og New Member

Ok so i saw in a post about zero padding and I see what that means. If you add a 0 in front of the channel it the will understand that the fourth digit has a dash or dot. Like 0112 changes to 11.2 on the channel master. So anyway to tell my GTV to do this?