Quantcast

Channel Lineup Revue Box CFL Brighthouse

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Armandxp, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Armandxp

Armandxp New Member

Wow! Just had to share my experience and see if anyone has any better solutions, or who do we turn these problems in to?

I bought a Logitech Revue yesterday. The only problem I had setting it up was the channel list was not correct under TV sources. I tried using Brighthouse, answering the questions correctly, and ended up calling Logitech for help. Well after 20 minutes of the rude rep. treating me like I was an idiot, I asked for a supervisor and explained the problem again, and he told me that it was google's problem, not logitech's. He said that Google uses Zap2it's channel sources. I told him thanks, and moved on to searching the forums for the second time.

I found a great thread that suggested to keep telling the box, that you can't check right now on the channel (It kept giving me another channel to check to see if it's correct) and every time I would check the channel lineup, it would be a different amount of channels. 1-99, then 1-9, then 1-880, finally I just gave up and left it alone. Well, about ten minutes later I went back to the channel list and, wow it was correct? I don't know if it needed extra time to download everything correctly, but when I go to what's on it is now showing my HD channels. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is: Who do we let know these problems? Do we just have to deal with them, or is there actual support to let know the problems exist? I am keeping my box, I do like it.

Thanks for the help and listening....Hope I don't have to go through the channel fiasco again!

Terry

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Was this the thread you're talking about? http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-general-discussion/3516-hd-channels.html

Also, as a little side note, the channel listing are distributed by i.TV who also provides the information for AolTV. That is why you can go into the AolTV guide and double check your Google TV's provider ID with the one listed in AOLTV's URL. For example, on both of my Google TV devices the Provider ID is "TX42500.X" and this matches exactly with AOLTV's tvlistings.aol.com/listings/tx/austin/time-warner-cable/TX42500|X. Finding out BucYouUp68's Provider ID helped me determine the issue.