Quantcast

Channel line ups are wrong on google tv

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by jschway, Jan 31, 2012.

1. jschway

jschway New Member

On my Memphis cable comcast DVR box (Cisco RNG200N) my HD channels are listed in the 800s.... But Gtv thinks they should be in the 1000s... Please help!

My Channel line up is set to TN54558.x
    My zip code is 38654

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Are you sure that you input the proper zip code when you configured it? According to AolTV, http://tvlistings.aol.com/listings/tn/memphis/comcast/TN54558|X is defaulted for the 38134 zip code. Go GTV Settings > Date, Time, & Location > Set Location to make sure. You might want to check the other Comcast providers on AolTV's site to see if you can find one more appropriate to your localization, then use its zip code instead. If you can't find one to properly align with your service then put in a ticket to i.TV which is the originating source for the channel guide information for both Google TV and AolTV.

3. jschway

jschway New Member

Yes.. Its the correct zip code. I have also tried some surrounding zip codes to get a more correct channel line up. I looked at the other comcast providers and they all say that my HD channels should be in the 1000s but my dvr says they are in the 800s... anyway I can configure the channels on gtv?

I put in a help ticket at i.tv. Thanks for the info.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No. The most you can do is enable and disable channels withing the Live TV app but that won't alter the relative guide information which is fed by i.TV

You're welcome. Glad to help.

5. jschway

jschway New Member

From i.tv

I am sorry you are running into some problems. I am not sure we can help you with your Google TV. I took a look at the app for your zip code and provider and saw that some of the guide is incorrect or missing, so I have let the developers already know of the problem. If you have other problems with our products please let us know.
    Thanks!
    Dallas

We will see..

6. vetvito

vetvito New Member

I'm in Memphis too. We have 800 and 1000 HD channels. They show the exact same thing, same resolution and all. Don't know why.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk