Quantcast

Channel Favorites

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by sachadon, Aug 27, 2012.

1. sachadon

sachadon New Member

Hi,

I just bought Sony NSZ-GS7. I like it so far but was wondering if there is any way to access the "Favourite Channels" stored in my DVR.

Even if there is no way to do that, I was trying to create new favorite in GTV but for some reason it only shows the channel numbers from 0-99. All my HD channel numbers are above 1000 and I dont see them in the list to add. And I cannot add them manually (Is it?).

Can anyone suggest a work around?

2. chopper

chopper Active Member

Hmm, try Settings and reenter your provider and look for an additional channel mode? If this is not a fix then you need to contact Google/Sony!

3. sachadon

sachadon New Member

I tried setting the provider 2-3 times but does the same thing. I guess I need to contact Sony or google. Thanks for your help though.

4. futureboy

futureboy New Member

Ok to get to some additional ways to control the Set top box do this:
    1) Select Live TV by pressing the button labelled "TV" or do the same from the Home Menu.
    2) Press the menu key - this is the key right below the Home button on the remote and looks like - 4 horizontal lines
    3) Select the "Advanced Options" and try any of those items (you can even use this as a way to turn off the STB)

Please note that this menu button is something you should try while doing any task, it is kind of like an options button.

5. tommycat

tommycat New Member

I tried this I have verizon fios . no good

6. chopper

chopper Active Member

Also please do this test and tells us the result. Hit the DVR button on the remote and then hit 1001 to see if your DVR will change to that channel on your DVR from entering this into the GTV remote.

If the ans. is no then go to settings and look for a way to configure your GTV for your make and model of set top box.

7. sachadon

sachadon New Member

Well, it does change the channel but cannot add it to the favourites. It only recognizes the first 100 channels.

Anyway I tried multiple times removing and adding my cable company. For some reason it shows two entries for my cable company. (1) name_cable and (2) name_cable (Digital). I tried both but still wont show channels >100 in the favourite list.

8. futureboy

futureboy New Member

BTW what is your Zipcode and who is your cable provider?

Jus trying to compare to my setup...

9. sachadon

sachadon New Member