Quantcast

Channel changing, Infrared, Guide

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by drweb, Dec 2, 2011.

1. drweb

drweb New Member

I'm having some trouble with the switching of channels, especially from the What's On function. I pick a movie on the list, and it tries to change channel, but some or all of the numbers don't seem to appear. It will change to a channel, wrong, I go back, and try again, a different number and channel appear.
    I reset the provider in Settings, but I'm not sure if that updates the channels and search results like in What's On > Movies. Is there a way to force that to re-load or re-start those results?
    I am not using the IR extender plugin yet, but maybe I should? I don't know if that's the issue or not.
    Any help appreciated. Oh, I did go in and change the Delay down to very low, and while that helped some, it didn't really fix this issue.
    Best,
    DrWeb

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If the problem is due to interference then the mini-IR blaster will help to alleviate the problem by allowing you to reduce the distance of the IR signal and point it directly to the IR sensor of your set-top box.

Good that was going to be my other suggestion.

3. cornishrefugee

cornishrefugee New Member

I have a similar problem (have had with two revues). Even if the room is dark and IR extender is directly in front of the cable box I still get numbers missed. I don't believe it's linked to quality of IR signal for this reason... sometimes it will try to input a 3 digit channel and only the first two will be recieved. I'll give it ten or so seconds before trying again.

This time the final "missing" digit will appear in front of the channel number, sending it to the wrong channel again. So I believe it's the hardware tripping over itself rather than the number being transmitted and not received.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It could be that the IR signals for the different numbers are being transmitted either too fast or too slow. You can fine tune it at GTV Settings > TV Source > Edit Configured Source > Adjust Delay

• Like Like x 2
  5. cornishrefugee

cornishrefugee New Member

I have tried altering that setting, but it doesn't solve the problem. It's like the last digit gets stored and not transmitted, only to be tagged onto the front of the next transmission. Thanks for your suggestion though :)

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If using the mini-IR blaster and changing the Adjust Delay setting, then there's a problem with your Google TV device. I recommend contacting the manufacturer's technical support to file to address the problem.

• Like Like x 2
  7. drweb

drweb New Member

Thanks.. I'll hook that up and try again.

What I was hoping is there's some way to FORCE the Revue to re-load or re-grab the channel information when we make a provider change, say change the zip code or provider entry. It still seems to have the "old" information via the search results (what's on listings).

• Like Like x 2
  8. drweb

drweb New Member

Thanks eferz. IF I try the mini-IR blaster today, and tweak Adjust Delay, and it's still an issue, I'll probably contact Logitech Support. I wonder if that might get "fixed" in the PROMISED update to ICS; I guess it might. Take care, DrWeb

• Like Like x 2
  9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. By the way, I hope you meant Honeycomb, since nobody has said anything about releasing Ice Cream Sandwich for Google TV yet.