Quantcast

Changing TV imputs with Costar remote.

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by jbest7703, Oct 11, 2013.

1. jbest7703

jbest7703 New Member

Hello everyone. I think vizio may have already answered this question (officially) but just wondering if someone has a workaround. Love the costar, love the remote, I thought though since I have a Vizio TV (VF550M) that I'd be able to control everything with My Costar remote. My situation is this: I have basic (non-hd co-ax cable) running to a Tivo. I then have a broadcast hd antenna running to the coax input on my vizio TV. From the costar I can access basic cable through the tivo but cant get the costar remote to change the imput on the vizio tv without grabbing my vizio tv remote. I know my setup is kind of funky (to say the least) but Im cheap and I get what I want with it (cnn,fox news,comedy central in SD) plus the broadcast channels in HD. Yes Im a cheap bastard. Just wondering if theres some way this can be done or do I just have to use the tv remote to change tv inputs. Thanks for your time.

2. hbandi

hbandi New Member

The input button in the costar remote is suppose to change the inputs on the TV that is how it works in Sony NSZ-GS7 . It might be worth complaining to vizio to see if they fix it in future updates

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  3. Amuzeme

Amuzeme New Member

The input button on the remote is NOT supposed to change inputs on the TV. It is used to change between apps and HDMI input on the Costar itself. In this regard it's pretty useless, since it does the same thing as long pressing he "V" button.