Quantcast

Change Volume button to amp by default possible?

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by bamgoogletvforum, Jan 1, 2012.

1. bamgoogletvforum

bamgoogletvforum New Member

Sorry if it has been answered already I searched but didn't find it. But just wondering if I can set the remotes volume buttons to control the amp via IR blasters by default? My amp controls everything so volume from my tv is pointless. Thanks in advance!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Press the AMP button on the NSG-MR1 controller and if you have the AV Receiver already set up then it will control it while the LED is lit.

3. bamgoogletvforum

I'm sorry for not being more specific I'm watching the game as I'm writing! I meant bypassing the need for the amp button being pressed. I will never need to control my tv volume, so is there a way to make the volume buttons control my stereo without first pressing amp? Thanks for the quick reply eferz. I have a feeling I need to just stop whining and press the amp button because there's no way to change the default button mapping.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I think you should continue to whine but probably to Sony directly. As they were the ones that did not allow the controls to be customized.

5. gerryger

gerryger New Member

You don't need to whine. There is a simple solution. Just hold the Fn button with the AMP button. This will make the AMP as the default sound controller. I think too many people try to fault SONY for making an inferior controller when in fact it is very good once you learn all the features.

• Like Like x 4
  6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Nice.

Now if you can tell us how to use the Red, Yellow, Blue, and Green keys with most set-top boxes that would be fabulous. As it remains, the Sony Remote still doesn't work for the Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC from Time Warner Cable.

• Like Like x 2
  7. les anderson

les anderson New Member

Wow. Thanks, I did not realize this was possible.

8. les anderson

les anderson New Member

Life changing!

9. bamgoogletvforum

Amazing!!!! Thank you do much this definitely has made it much better!

10. DrewMotz

DrewMotz New Member

Thanks for finding/posting this great tip, :)(found in the "Connection" section of the Sony help guide:rolleyes:)...

Taking this opportunity to actually read more of the guide.:p... It reminds me that I had a question on whether we could perform the equivalent of a "right-click" with the Sony remote?:confused: Didn't find it.:(

Anybody know if there is a hidden way to perform a right-click? (I would like to pull up context menus/shortcuts if available.) Thanks.:cool:

11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

There's so such thing as "right-click" in the Android Operating System. The closest things are either a long press key press or the GTV Menu button.

12. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

My apologies for this bafoonish question, but what is the original intent of those red, yellow, blue and green buttons? I've been wondering for some time now.

13. bmorris110

bmorris110 New Member

Now the only problem is the BD/EXT power button turns off amp and not the NSZGT1 Sony Google TV.
    I can hit TV power and both the TV and Google TV turn off, but I can't turn them both back on.