Quantcast

Change TV OTA channels with the keyboard

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by jTV, Oct 12, 2011.

1. jTV

jTV New Member

Has anybody been able to change TV channels with the keyboard? I cut the cable so I am all OTA now and don't like to having to change remoteS all the time. I've tried to customize the keys to no avail...

Thanks in advance

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I can change channels with the keyboard, I use a TiVo for OTA and I assume almost any other OTA tuner can be controlled by the keyboard as well but without knowing what you use for OTA, I can't say much else.

3. rbringh

rbringh New Member

Yes, I can. To do that Logitech informed me I needed to setup a phantom set top box. I chose an over the air version. Now I even get the what's on for my OTA for my area.

In addition to that I programmed keys for channel up, down and previous. Using the programmed channel previous I can switch back and forth from live TV.

4. jTV

jTV New Member

So I don't have a tuner, just a good old antenna hooked to the TV. If I can change the volume and switch input (HDMI/TV) w/ the keyboard, how come the channel up/down don't work?
    Eferz pointed me to http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/logitech-revue/2679-how-setup-other-devices-logitech-revue.html but it seems that the TV would need to have an HDMI out to connect to the Revue, which it doesn't. Hopefully it can be done w/o buying a tuner...

thanks

5. Whitefang

Whitefang New Member

Could you explain in more detail how set up a "phantom set top box" and then "chooosing over the air version"? I went into applications and couldn't find the prompts to enable the phantom set top box. I also don't have cable and still can't change channels with the keyboard. Thanx

6. rbringh

rbringh New Member

This is what Logitech Tech support sent to me. It worked. You will have to go through the "Learn a Command" with your TV remote.

> 1. Please add in a "dummy" set- top box (any manufacturer and model number)
    > ( Applications > Settings > TV source > Add set-top box manually)
    > 2. Once the set-top box is added to the Revue you will need to learn the
    > commands from the original remote to the Revue under the set-top box for all
    > the channel changing functionality ( Applications > Settings > Input devices
    > > Customize controller Keys )
    > 3. You will need to pick a key and under command choose "-Assign IR code-",
    > Once the command is picked up by the Revue you can continue learning the
    > other commands and at the end click on "Save".
    >
    > At this time you will be able to use the Revue to change channels when you
    > press the LiveTv button on your keyboard controller (button beside Guide)

7. scarredupmario

scarredupmario New Member

So when you change channels then your TV changes from the HDMI input to your Over The Air Tuner? Then when you want to use GTV you need to get back to the HDMI input?

8. rbringh

rbringh New Member

Correct. When the TV key is selected...the channel up and down cycles through all channels and on my Philips TV it cycles through all the other inputs including HDMI.

I programmed the FN-C key to act as the previous channel. This allows me to cycle back and forth from TV to HDMI or Revue. Good on Saturdays watching ESPN-3 using Play-On and the over the air football channels.