Quantcast

Change Google tv name

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by jphccfc, Jul 27, 2013.

1. jphccfc

jphccfc New Member

I have multiple Google tv's and when I do a you tube cast from my phone I get 3 options to cast too all called Google tv is there any way to change the box name e.g. Google tv lounge, Google tv basement?

2. mardukeme

mardukeme Member

On the Sony nsz-gs7 you goto settings --> network --> home network setup --> edit device name here you can change it to what ever you want.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

3. galfert

galfert Active Member

For YouTube cast name change you need to use the YouTube app on your phone or tablet. In the YouTube app go to Settings then Connected TVs and then Edit TVs. Then select the GTV device you want to rename.

This has to unfortunately be done on every device (phones/tablets) that you will be connecting to send YouTube casts with. Each mobile device can have a different name saved for the given Google TV devices.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. tvAddict

tvAddict New Member

Came here exactly for this information. Thanks!

I have 2 GTV boxes, and they both came up as "Google TV" on the mobile device with YouTube. What you need to do, is to go to the YouTube app on the mobile device, click on settings, and then click on connected TVs, and edit (just as how Galfert described above). But which is which? To make it easy just rename one as GTV1 (as an example), and play a video on YouTube and cast it to GTV1. If the video appears there, you know what GTV1 is now, and just name it appropriately. If the video does not show up on GTV1, then it must have shown up on the other Google TV. Rename that one as appropriate too.

Hope that helps.