Quantcast

Certain Google search results are encountering the aw snap error.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by retroben, Aug 2, 2013.

1. retroben

retroben Active Member

Yep,you've heard right.

Now google.com is causing problems.

WHAT THE F@%# GOOGLE! ! !

Now whenever I go to page two of some of my search results,I get the F@%#ING aw snap error?!!!?!

Why is this happening?

Does this mean they are about to upgrade GTV devices?

If not,WHY THE F@%# NOT!!!?

Other searches do not crash,but when I search "VFGallery2 apk" it aw snaps when I go to page two.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

As a workaround you can do your Google searches from the Mowser mobilized version of Google.com:

Google (via Mowser)

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I see that error once in a while when I try to have several web pages open at the same time, otherwise, I almost never see it and I don't think it is caused by going to the second page other than the fact that relates to having multiple pages open, meaning the first page is open as well.

4. CatfishRivers

I tried a Google search for "VFGallery2 apk" on my Logitech Revue. I also experienced the "Aw Snap!" message when I tried to go to page 2 of the search results.

Closing all other open windows and clearing cache made no difference. Still always crashes on page 2.

5. retroben

retroben Active Member

I tried a different browser,and it loaded page 2 without crashing.
    All we can do is wait for Google TV 4.0/4.2.2 or even 4.3 to get released.

As long as I'm here,does anyone know of/have a copy of the free app "VFGallery2" handy,cuz I really want it.
    I can't find a direct link of it anywhere to side-load it with.

Its not on SlideME,1mobile,aptoide,or even androidvnd.
    I already have the original VFGallery on my Sony NSZ-GS7,and it works perfectly! :D

I want to try out VFGallery2 to see how much better it works than the original.
    The latest version of VFGallery2 is 2.0.8 on the Play Store,but its obviously stuck on not compatible.

Here's the play store page for it...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yamagoya.android.vfgalleryv5.activity&hl=en

6. CatfishRivers

I was researching a GTV issue for a poster - so I typed in "no sound on Google TV" at google.com (with my Logitech Revue). That search immediately triggers the Aw Snap! message. I closed all open windows, cleared cache, and have no apps installed on my Revue. The same result every time. As OP stated only certain searches trigger the Aw Snap! message. But it's annoying....

I also found that if I type "no sound on Google TV" directly into the search bar after pressing the magnifying glass key on keyboard - and then go to search results from there instead of going to Google.com - I don't encounter the Aw Snap! message.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  7. Meengla

Meengla New Member

I have similar problems in my Logitech Revue: In the Chrome browser's youtube.com site search for 'Carlos Nakai'; You will probably see the 'Aw snap' error. But if you search for 'Carlos Santana' then no error. This has been consistent across the 3 Revue devices we have in our house. I thought it maybe that the Revue is obsolete. So last night I tried Sony Google TV at a friend's house but the same problem. Sometimes I can't even see my Playlists in the Chrome browser and hence made my 'History' page as the home page so that I can at least go to YouTube.com site. I was thinking of buying the Sony's device but no more.

This is quite a serious problem and Google is shamefully quiet on this. The You Tube 'app' on Google TV doesn't play all the videos. I had a list of almost 200 in one of my playlist and all played fine on my Windows 7 laptop's web browsers. But in the You Tube app I found at least 20 videos which didn't play because of various reasons: Not Supported on Mobile, Not Available in Your Country, Not Available on TV. And also doing some Searches in the App doesn't even bring up videos in results which would show up in the browser on my laptop.

The You Tube app on Google TV is not good enough for me! If I wanted crippled experiences I'd go for Apple's eco system. The support for Flash in Google Chrome is very helpful.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  8. CatfishRivers

I agree with your comments. Unfortunately IMO the YouTube GTV Chrome issue isn't likely to be fixed. The YouTube issue with the GTV Chrome browser has been ongoing for 4 months now. Here's the links to 2 threads about it in case you want to read more. (Please + the thread I started about this issue on Google+ so it will draw more attention - the link is below):

https://plus.google.com/105279391930962034209/posts/FTfuKv1Gc3s

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...access-youtube-via-google-chrome-anymore.html

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  9. Meengla

Meengla New Member

@Catfishrivers,
    Okay, I put a 'plus' in your post at Google+.

I don't know why Google is not fixing this issue! I almost bought the Sony GTV device after the issue in Logitech Revue but the Sony's device is also crippled by this problem.

I thought Google would be better than Apple but in this case there is no solution for the thousands of users--and I can't find any official Google explanation either. As you can see from my post above the You Tube 'app' is quite limited.

I am almost tempted to get a Windows 8 x86 based tablet and buy a long HDMI cord. I already have an Acer Iconia W510 which can play just about anything, including files stored on desktop and NAS. In the x86 ecosystem if I can't play a video then I can do some research and find the right codec--job done reliably. Still a corded solution would be like 'ouch!' and I am hoping to avoid that.

So will Google fix this issue now? Shouldn't Sony try to ask Google to fix this critical problem with the GTV's Chrome browser? It is Sony which lost my business after all.