Quantcast

CBS in no hurry for GTV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by sparkyscott21, Dec 10, 2010.

1. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

CBS: No Rush Onto Digital Platforms

[​IMG]

CBS sees no great rush to put its shows on such new digital platforms as Google TV or Netflix.
    "People want our content. We're going to be paid. We're going to take our time making the right decision," CEO Les Moonves said at sthe 38th annual UBS Global Media and Communications Conference in New York Tuesday.
    Moonves called CBS's content its "crown jewels," recounting the millions CBS makes from advertisers when programs it produces run on its broadcast networks, and the $4 million or so per episodes a program like NCIS Los Angeles millions more it makes when it is sold into syndication.
    "We're saying all these new platforms are great," he said. Maybe we haven't jumped in as much as our competitors. Maybe because we're doing better in the ratings. . . . They'll take our content later. There's no need to rush in."
    Moonves said people at his interactive division are talking to all of the new platofmr companies on a daily basis.
    Some people see Netflix as the anti-Christ, others look at ehm as the second coming. We're somewhere in the middle.," he said
    Jon Lafayette (Broadcasting & Cable) -- Multichannel News, 12/7/2010 6:09:47 PM

2. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

God these people are such morons for cutting themselves at the knees!! Do they not realize the revenue potential of complete target advertising on streaming programs????

3. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if the board is 'on board' with Les' plan...but they could be morons, too.

4. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Who knows what it is going to take to get these guys going??
    No matter how you look at it, it is revenue lost for them...

5. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

I bought a Mac Mini, now I can watch anything I want.....still have the GTV because I have faith it will eventually take off.