Quantcast

Can't select channel from search function

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by offbyone, Oct 20, 2012.

1. offbyone

offbyone New Member

When I use the search function on the NSZGS7, I get results just fine. When I select one of those results, the box just goes to Channel 1 no matter what. I did notice that it looks like it reselect the default input I set for my TV as the TV flashes its current input selection. I'm not sure if the box is trying to reselect the TV input and that is preventing it from typing in the rest of the channel selection or not. Anyone else notice this or have a resolution? I have a Uverse TV and a Panasonic TC-P50S1. Thanks!

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try going to your settings and "force stop" the TV & Movies app - and then "clear all data" from the app.

ALSO:

Go to your settings and "force stop" and "clear all data" from the TV app.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Also check your IR blasters if you have one plugged in to your google tv as mine is always moving unless I tape it down and then the signal does not always get to the device your trying to control.

4. offbyone

offbyone New Member

I don't use the ir blaster as everything is right by it and seemed to work. I disabled hdmi control and noticed it no longer tries to change the tv input. I did notice though that it responds the same way as pressing the tv button on the remote does before it tries to change the channel.

I type something in like football and see the games. I then select a game from the list by highlighting with the arrow keys and press enter. The screen flickers as if I hit the tv button while already watching tv. It then comes back from the flicker with just typing "1". I'll update once I try clearing data.

Edit: I've come to notice that it happen when selecting a item from the tv and movies app as well. It seems it types the first number of the channel then won't type the rest. Can the time between key presses be adjusted?

Edit2: That is exactly what the problem was. Under provider settings I selected my Uverse. There is options for the IR blaster (even if you aren't using the extended) you can go to advanced options and setting the key interval. Mine was like 200ms but I set it to 500ms and it works flawlessly. Thanks for everyones help and I hope this may help someone else too

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 2