Quantcast

Can't play videos from computer in media player

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by osric, Jan 29, 2013.

1. osric

osric New Member

I have a Sony nsz-gt1 (Blu Ray player + Google TV) and have encountered a problem using Google TV's built-in media player app to watch content stored on my computer. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit and have been completely unable to get my player to locate files or folders marked for sharing on my computer. When I search for devices, it will only find the internal memory and any USB drives plugged in. Before a recent move, I had Windows 7 32 bit and it seemed to work fine. When I searched for devices then, my main folder I set up to share from my computer would show up and I would be able to choose from folders and files therein. After finishing said upgrade (with many frustrations along the way, including a stint using an old copy of XP I had laying around) I now get nothing. It's been a while since I set it up last, so I don't know if I'm making a basic mistake, or if 64 bit doesn't play well with the player, or if it's just plain glitchy and there's no known fix. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. chaspaw

chaspaw New Member

Check and make sure you have the DNLA services running.
    Just google how to turn on DNLA services for windows 7 and it find you a step by step
    I tried to post one but i dont have enough posts yet sorry.

3. mrspock

mrspock Active Member