Quantcast

Can't play CBS videos

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by algtv, Jun 4, 2011.

1. algtv

algtv New Member

CBS has wonderful library of shows online using Flash player. It works great on Chrome on laptop / desktop. But when I try to access it from Sony GoogleTV (www.cbs.com/video), I received the following message:

"The video you requested is not available for this device"

Any idea what can be done about it? is there an additional plugin I can download to take care of that?

2. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

It's called greed and more so stupidity...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The CBS web site is officially blocking Google TV for the time being. However there are several workarounds. TV.com is run by CBS and has full episodes of some shows from all the networks. It's not blocking Google TV and you can get some CBS shows there: Watch Full Episodes Videos on TV.com Also check the "Free American TV Channels That Work With Google TV" thread on this forum. I posted some sites where people post links to all the major network shows - (these shows are hosted on various video hosting sites OTHER than CBS.com and Hulu - so they work with Google TV. It's not quite as convenient as watching directly from CBS.com and sometimes the picture quality varies - but for now that's what we got.