Quantcast

Can't get Sony NSX-40GT1 remote control to control my Sony receiver!

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by goldengate, Jan 28, 2012.

1. goldengate

goldengate New Member

I have my NSX-40GT1 attached to my Sony receiver with a digital optical cable and it works fine. However, I cannot get the remote control on the Sony NSX-40GT1 to control the receiver (volume up/down etc). I have gone through the set up options and tried all 5 codes. The receiver flashes when the blaster sends the code but does not perform the function. It's not a problem with the blaster as it controls the CD player fine (ironically, not Sony). The remote that came with the receiver works fine so it's not the receiver. It's just the wrong code?

I called Sony technical support and spent 20 minutes on the phone with them. Very frustrating call. I will spare you the details but the bottom line was the supervisor said that the receiver will not work unless it is connected via HDMI cable to the TV (doesn't make sense to me?) but that my specific receiver isn't new enough for the HDMI to work with the TV. Huh? All I want to do is program my remote...

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

This is Sony biggest failing in controlling external devices via IR. Their IR code pool just is not diverse enough to control all the different devices out there. The worst irony about your situation is that you have a Sony Receiver, so you'd at least expect them to be able to control their own devices. The best thing I can tell you is try an use the IR Blasters that came with the set and position them right in front of the IR sensor on the AV Receiver. This will reduce the possibility of interference in case that is the problem. However, if that doesn't work then you're out of luck and will have to control it with a separate remote.

3. goldengate

goldengate New Member

Thanks... the blaster is about 1 inch from the receiver and the receiver does "flash" that it is receiving a signal.... just the WRONG IR signal...

How ironic.... of course the TV has no trouble controlling an 8 year old Sharp DVD player....