Quantcast

Can't get past the "install now, later or get more info" box on my TV

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by bkbracken, Nov 13, 2011.

1. bkbracken

bkbracken New Member

I have even installed a new google TV box. Nothing I do will let me get past this "pop up box" on the screen. the pointer will not move over the box it disappears behind itl I have unplugged everything, overnight even and when i plug it all back up and power it on the same thing comes back. My Tv is useless right now and i am getting really upset. I can't get the TV to work at all but i do get confirmation that I have a cable ' HDMI connection working - the remote works, but i get nothing and the pointer won't even come up on the screen. awww i need help

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I wonder if your remote is paired with the Google TV box. Have you tried following the included instructions in pairing the remote? You can always connect a USB mouse to it to make the selection. By the way, which Google TV device are you referring?

3. bkbracken

bkbracken New Member

at this point i have tried everything - i did plug in a mouse and still, the TV does not recognize it. all was fine until that dadgum update got pushed out. something about 3.0 for honeycomb devices - i don't remember exactly what it said. I am ready to just throw the tv out the door - i have tried everything and it has not worked for 3 days now. i can do without the tv, but i am p o'd that i spent so much money and it is useless. I even unplugged the google box and went straight to cable, still, i can't ge the tv pst the "update" pop up box.:mad:

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Does a PC keyboard work?

5. futureboy

futureboy New Member

There is something you can try which is to start up the Google TV in the "Recovery Mode"

To do this:
    1) unplug the AC power cord
    2) press and hold the power button
    3) plug in the AC power cord
    4) release the power button after the Sony logo appears

The recovery mode screen will appear, in here you can select the ability to factory reset your device. Press the "1" key on the remote.

Note: if your keypad is not paired you will need to re-pair it by pressing the connect button on the device.