Quantcast

Can't get Co Star to read external drive connected to USB

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by otisore, Jun 7, 2013.

1. otisore

otisore New Member

Hello all, this is my first post. I've had the Co Star a week and am painfully working through learning how to get it to work the way I want. I have a 1TB hard drive that the Co Star isn't reading. I've tried using PlayPoint and it doesn't recognize it as even being available. I've also tried ViMu (previously GTVbox) and it recognized it, but only had one folder listed and it was named 'lost.dir'. The drive works fine when I connect it to by MacBook Pro so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks all. I'm committed to NOT going back to cable TV.

cheers!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

How is the drive formatted, NTFS? FAT32? Or other? When connecting the drive do you get the message, drive is synced? As far as not going back to cable, Google TV has sure been part of the solution for that for a couple of years for me along with OTA, TiVo and Roku. Google TV works well with a TV service, pay TV or free OTA.

3. otisore

otisore New Member

Thank you for replying. I use it with my MacBook Pro so I'm assuming it is Fat32. I can't seem to figure out how to check it, but from what I can tell Macs can't write to NTFS drives and I can write to this one. Regardless, yes it does say the drive is 'synced' and I am unmounting properly when I disconnect. Any thoughts?

4. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Your drive might be formatted as “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” and not “FAT32”.
    To check it, connect it to your MacBook Pro > select it > “File” > “Get Info”.