Quantcast

can't cycle between open apps after update

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by helveticaneue, Dec 31, 2011.

1. helveticaneue

helveticaneue New Member

Before the recent update, i was able to cycle between open applications by pressing ctrl+tab or (search)+tab -- i forget which one, but one of those worked as the "last" button on a tv remote, and the other one cycled through open apps, much like pressing ctrl+tab on a pc...

did this capability disappear with the new update? or was is reassigned to a different keystroke combination?

I really loved being able to quickly switch to another app or live tv with one keystroke, instead of now having to go the menu, find the app an relaunch it. this was most useful for switching between chrome and live tv - which i did constantly -- now it's a pain to switch back & forth.

I've searched the forum for this and couldn't find anything on it -- does no one else miss this feature??

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It was the [Tab] button which acts like the "Last or Prev Channel" on a remote. And it still does in the current version of the Live TV app.

Yes, the Task / Window Manager that was included in Android 2.1 (Eclair) version of Google TV was not included in the Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) version.

Yes, actually this was asked thousand times before. Both on this forum and the Logitech Technical Support forums. The best you can do is try an find an alternative Task Manager app from the Android Market.

• Like Like x 2
  3. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

You can hold the home button, and it will list your most recent apps...

• Like Like x 2